Need help with research on Boyingyon's Corsairs.....

I am planning on doing a dio of Pappy and his plane as I have both the Birdcage and f4u-1a (bubble top) plus the excellent Ultracast figures of Boyington. As always I went to research which plane I should do and came across a few pics of pappy in corsairs 740, and 833 both bubble tops (f4u-1a) the pics are from December 1943 Pappy's second tour. Pappy's first tour was in sept'43 (f4u-1a bubble tops were not in theater till Nov43) in which he earned 14 kills, which would mean that most of his victories in the corsair were scored then, not to mention that he also flew a birdcage sometimes on his second tour. So in short to do a more accurate dio of Pappy and his plane I should pose him with a birdcage corsair? Ant thoughts or input? 
Thanks
Denis

It's not a question of "accuracy".   Boyington (like all pilots at this time) flew whatever aircraft was serviceable.   No one had an aircraft assigned to them.   Just pick the Corsair that you like the best and build it.  

Jennings is right. The USMC pooled their aircraft and at least two squadrons used them where the Black Sheep were based. According to what I have read, Pappy often took the worst aircraft. At any rate, he flew many different ones. Note the one in pics with his kills and "Lulubelle" or "LucyBelle" he may have flown, but the kills and nickname were added for publicity photos. I don't know if he ever flew it with those markings on it. 

Best to do what Bill says: find a photo and recreate it.