HGW Lozenge decals: Anyone used em?

Gazzas

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around at options for lozenge decals since I'm not overly certain that the WNW colors are correct.   I know most people are using Aviattic decals, but I don't want to double the cost of every WNW kit I have that requires lozenge decals.

I can get HGW lozenge decals from a source in Australia for less than half the cost of the Aviattic decals.   So...  has anyone here used them?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Gaz

I tried hgw on a kit a few years back. Was very disappointed. I found the inks would come off the film if I touched them wrong during application (setting solution on finger for example) and wasn’t too impressed with the physical decal quality either. Go aviattic, there’s not another option on the market that gives you the colour accuracy and depth that Richard’s products do. 

For what it’s worth the lozenge in the new D.VII boxing and the Halberstadts is infinitely better than lozenge colours in older wingnut kits - these new ones are very close to aviattic colors but lack the depth of them. Also noticeably more pixelated but you won’t see that unless you’re looking up close 

5 hours ago, seiran01 said:

I tried hgw on a kit a few years back. Was very disappointed. I found the inks would come off the film if I touched them wrong during application (setting solution on finger for example) and wasn’t too impressed with the physical decal quality either. Go aviattic, there’s not another option on the market that gives you the colour accuracy and depth that Richard’s products do. 

For what it’s worth the lozenge in the new D.VII boxing and the Halberstadts is infinitely better than lozenge colours in older wingnut kits - these new ones are very close to aviattic colors but lack the depth of them. Also noticeably more pixelated but you won’t see that unless you’re looking up close 

Regarding the new WNW lozenge, have they changed the decals themselves or just the printing?   I've found that WNW decals are pretty thick and harder to work with than the aftermarket stuff I normally use (and yes, I follow their suggestion to use a hairdryer during application).

They’re the same cartograf decals but the colors are significantly better than old releases, and now also have oil staining in some areas like lower fuselage of the D7. I’ve found all the recent cartograf decals go on my easier with hair dryer. Aviattic as well but I’ve only tried that on a small area with a hair dryer. Usually I use a bunch of micro sol