1/32 Hasegawa Bf109K-4 Weisse 8

Thunnus

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, Thunnus said:

I'm going to see if I can keep two builds going at once.  I'm almost to the halfway point on the Corsair build and once the wings are complete, painting will begin and I think that is a good time to have another project going.

This is the Hasegawa Bf109K-4 kit.  I've not built this one yet but having built the Hasegawa Fw190D-9 three times, I feel a sense of familiarity as I look at the sprues on this kit.
IMG-5250.jpg

I'll be adding some aftermarket to this build including, in no particular order:

1. Eagle Editions 109K-4 Resin Cockpit Set
2. Henri Daehne 109G/K Resin Prop Set
3. RB Productions 109K-4 Wheel Well Detail Set
4. RB Productions 109G/K Erla Canopy
5. Barracuda Studios 109G/K Resin Wheels
6. AIMS Late War 109s Decal Sheet
7. Eagle Cals 109K-4 #32-74 Decal Sheet
8. Airscale Luftwaffe Instrument and Placard Decal Sheets

9. MDC resin ammo chutes

10. Eduard masks

The aircraft I will be modeling is White 8, Werk Nummer 332884, which was captured in this striking color photo:
A-zpssk0foggv.jpg

It's represented in this profile painting by Claes Sundin:
332884.gif

And also recently by AIMS Models on their Late War 109s decal sheet:
IMG-5282.jpg

Since I have Silhouette Portrait cutter, I will be using the AIMS decal sheet to produce masks for the major markings.  The only decal I will be using from the AIMS sheet will probably be the "Gabi" inscription below the canopy.

The Eagle Cals 109K-4 sheet will be available for stencils.  I am going to try and use the AIMS and Eagle Cals decal sheets to produce masks for the spinner spiral.
IMG-5283.jpg

What do you reckon to the Claes Sundin works?  I have been pondering on whether to buy some of his books.  They are a little expensive and although I find the artwork admirable I am not sure it wouldnt be some kind coffee table book

Edited by Onspring

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 4:12 PM, Onspring said:

What do you reckon to the Claes Sundin works?  I have been pondering on whether to buy some of his books.  They are a little expensive and although I find the artwork admirable I am not sure it wouldnt be some kind coffee table book

Sorry that I missed this!  I'm not knowledgeable on Mr. Sundin's published works.  His profiles are wonderful but I'm not sure what his books provide other than the profiles.