Trumpeter SBD-3 Midway

Thank you Hubert. I usually shy away from Trumpeter kits but after I read reviews and saw a couple of builds I decided this one would be okay. Not a bad kit at all. :)

I remember how you told me were you "put-off" by the problems with your Trumpeter F4U, so I figured that was partly what was giving you second thoughts back there...

I got mine in stash, ready to go, even bought Brassen struts for it for when the mood strikes me.

One of my Dad's brothers was an SBD gunner, as well one of my first engineering managers in drove one in the WWII PAC.

Post Edit:

They said SBD stood for "Silent But Deadly" :whistle:

Edited by Gigant

I remember how you told me were you "put-off" by the problems with your Trumpeter F4U, so I figured that was partly what was giving you second thoughts back there...

I got mine in stash, ready to go, even bought Brassen struts for it for when the mood strikes me.

One of my Dad's brothers was an SBD gunner, as well one of my first engineering managers in drove one in the WWII PAC.

Post Edit:

They said SBD stood for "Silent But Deadly" :whistle:

Slow But Deadly.

Slow But Deadly.

Yeah, I heard that one too from the more polite of the two men...

I thought the first one was funnier because of it's obvious ship-board type humor.

My uncle the gunner was grounded for high blood pressure, so they made him a mechanic, so for him it went from "it was like standing on air" to "The water was full of dead Japanese bones".

Guest Peterpools

Hi John

Completely agree - Just go slow with the whole cowl assembly and install. Once I figured it out, it was just fine

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Oh man, this makes me want to get out and enjoy my DVD copy of the 1976 Charles Heston/Henry Fonda movie "MIDWAY", that I saw when it first played in theaters!

This should be a nice graphic to help with your final paint-up John:

6jeTEV03QLsjkEomKM6XhjoVJch.jpg

Notice the insignia's on the tops of both wings...

http://fullmoviefreeonline7590.blogspot.com/2016/06/midway-1976.html

Edited by Gigant