Thank you Pheon and Aviattic

Fred Jack

Pheon has just released decals for Belgian Camels, one of which can be seen at the Musee de Millitaire in Brussels (#5 on the Pheon sheet) along with a Belgian Briisfit and the last French Nie.17. There are also two fuselages of German obsevation planes, including the last LVG. They also have the fuselage of a Lafayette Escadrille Nieuports 28? I read in a book written in 1919 that all Nieuports were called 8 meter Nieuports because of all the different types, making identification confusing.

Pheon is releasing even more Fokker Dr1 markings to include panels etc... for the F1 and Dr1. I'll allow WnWs to release a Dr/F1.

As far as Aviattic, I love the decals they made for my Ansaldo, so I will be getting the Lozenges. I hope they come out with large lozenges for the Hannover fuselage, and maybe a sheet for those who want lozenges on their Gotha Bombers. There exists a G.V modification for the G.lV. I will be getting the Fokker EV/D.Vlll sheet.

Edited by Fred Jack

Aviattic has decals for 4-color painted bomber lozenge, I'm using it for a replacement panel on my herringbone Gotha in the Iron Rain group build.

Hard no on the Hannover lozenge though as every aircraft was hand painted with different appearance - I've prodded Richard a few times about it over the years, so far that's been his consistent train of thought. I expect it's also why Wingnut didn't give decals for them in the kit. Granted the bombers were hand painted loz as well but on such a large airframe you won't notice repeating shapes like you may on a single engine plane. Hannover won't be too much of a pain to mask and paint by hand...