Late war F4U-1D interior colors?

1to1scale

I messed around with a yellow black combo.  I have tamiya xf-4 yellow green so I mixed that with black per the commentary above, I felt it too olive drab.  I felt in the end it needed something else.  The variation I have found so far is a  1 part tamiya flat blue, 1 part semi gloss black and 4 parts xf-4 yellow.  I am not saying it is right but it looked like a good cockpit great to me.  I may try a bit of green instead of the blue and see where I end up also.

6 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I messed around with a yellow black combo.  I have tamiya xf-4 yellow green so I mixed that with black per the commentary above, I felt it too olive drab.  I felt in the end it needed something else.  The variation I have found so far is a  1 part tamiya flat blue, 1 part semi gloss black and 4 parts xf-4 yellow.  I am not saying it is right but it looked like a good cockpit great to me.  I may try a bit of green instead of the blue and see where I end up also.

Should not start with yellow green. Zinc chromate is a yellow. Yellow green comes from the mixing with tinting black with it.

Similar to what Jennings says, I would start with an off the shelf interior green, but mix your yellow-black for accessories for variation of color as any part from a subcontractor would not be a perfect match, and give that nice visual variation.

12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Why not just use any of the perfectly good out of the bottle Interior Greens?  

I don’t have one on my shelf at the moment, might end up doing that.  Since someone said mix the chormate yellow with black, I happened to have similar colors on the shelf.  I wanted to see what I would get and if I liked the mix.  I did not really like the result.  I did not think it looked right.