Bombs with Revell Mirage III

Jay Pare

Are the bombs that come with the Mirage III from Revell copies of the US Mk.117? Looks like it. I don't want to mess up the Mirages lines with them but I will put them on an F-100 or F-4.

Thanks!

Guest Airfixer

The bombs of the SAMP 25 series are completely different animals.

Despite being comparable in length, the SAMP 25s have a significantly smaller body diameter than the M117: 12" versus 16".

Even the 400kg variants of the SAMP 25 series differ notably from the M117. Basically combining a Type 21B body with a SAMP 25 or T200 tail section.

250kg SAMP 25F:

TPue7Xu.jpg

The 400kg STRIM and the  subsequent SAMP Type 21A would be closest M117 equivalents: similar size, overall shape and weight. Revell's rendition of the respective parts from the venerable Mirage kit are somewhat crude and are also featuring a way too blunt-ish nose.

Edited by Airfixer

Hi Thierry thanks for the link you sent my to the drawings of the Mk47 Seafire .fab I have just recently read you article on your build of the MK 47 unfortunately there was no was pics as photo bucket did no t support them . I would be grateful if you could  post or sent any of your pics . as I want to be sure to get everything correct in my conversion kit .as you know good pics are few and far between . so for hijacking this post . regards Jim