1/32 Spitfire bubbletop.

Haggis9444

Guest The Southern Bandit

Maybe contact your local Tamiya distributor and see if they'll sell you the canopy sprue from the Spitfire XVI kit?

Carl

Was just going to suggest this, might need to pay a few quid but the UK distributors are pretty good for even old Tamiya kit spares or decals.

As a side note, bought a Tamiya Spitfire XVI last year, was not my idea of a classic looking Spitfire for years, but its grown on me ... I think they look wonderful too now :)

As a side note, bought a Tamiya Spitfire XVI last year, was not my idea of a classic looking Spitfire for years, but its grown on me ... I think they look wonderful too now :)

I felt the same way when I first saw the Matchbox 22/24 kit. I couldn't believe that a Spitfire could look so, odd.

Now it's grown on me and I'm waiting for Iconicair to release their Griffon nose conversion for the Tamiya kit so I can build Violet Dorothy which was a XIV bubble top.

Carl

Guest The Southern Bandit

Nice one Haggis.

Normally I order Tamiya spares direct by phone from The Hobby Company and its usually decals

http://www.hobbyco.net/scripts/oe11.3/cgiip.exe/WService=WSHobbyV3EcomLive/sys/homepage.p

But for anyone looking I'd not bother with their web link for spares, unless the services has changed over the years? their contact number is ... +44(0)1908 605686 and that always got me through to folk who could help, emails were never answered though?

I agree though, Wonderland in Edinburgh are pretty good service wise, called them once and was put on to their R/C guy ... I'd earlier bought a Tamiya 1/16 Tiger 1 full option kit on Ebay, but it still needed a transmitter, battery pack and some other bits and bobs I had no clue about, they helped me and it was a good deal ... very helpful and never tried to oversell and I wont forget that.