Where’s the excitement over the HK 2-stage Mossie?

Dave Williams

Have the Corgi 1/32 B.XVI already on the shelf and nearly bought the PR blue-violet edition to go with it. Have room for three including an NF - the Mosquito is an iconic aircraft and my deceased adoptive father was a RAD/NAV with 600 Sqn Jan-Aug 1945.

Like others, I'm waiting to see what Tamiya does next (if anything) concerning bomber/recce or NF bullnose editions, as they did in 1/48.

Tony

And while both fighter and bomber versions would be nice, my available space dictates one only, and so the glass nose wins.

(Which reminds me - though I can't recall how much the Tasman replacement transparencies were)

We're all so different, and that's a good thing. For me, it's the FB MK VI all the way, and all other variants are meaningless to me. One of these days, I fully intend to secure an Airfix 1:24 kit, but I have no idea when that'll be. 

When confronted with a choice between a Tamiya kit and another similarly priced kit, Tamiya wins with me hands down.  I know these aircraft are different versions, but the differences are not significant enough for me to get the HK kit, especially in light of the "issues" that exist with the HK kit.  BTW, always thought the closed up fuselage and nose was too much of a gimmick for me.  I just don't need that.

BTW, I do like HK models.  Love the Mitchel kits, the B-17's (in spite of the nose shape issues, etc.) and the Dornier 335 Arrow.  Also looking forward to the arrival of the Lancaster.

Edited by esarmstrong