Finished Rumpler C5...

Erwin

Hi Erwin

I have some pics of the Defiant that show the inside really well I'll e-mail them to you and hopefully they will be useful to you.

Look forward to your next build

Denie

Hi Denie,

I would be very grateful if you could copy the Defiant internal pictures to me as well, as I am ready to start my scratch built Defiant, and I am sure that they will be invaluable.

Erwin, your Rumpler C-5 looks excellent, especially the riggining (not an easy task), and you built it so fast! As for your next project, would it be an SE-5A or a Neiuport bi-plane by any chance?

Cheers

Derek

My uneducated guess would be that is if is not the bottom wing af one of the Albatros scouts then it has to be the wing of a Fokker E.III.

:unsure:

Piet

And we have a winner !!

Indeed ,the wing I showed is that of the Fokker Eindecker.

You may come to my place in Belgium and collect your price ;)

Erwin, your Rumpler C-5 looks excellent, especially the riggining (not an easy task), and you built it so fast! As for your next project, would it be an SE-5A or a Neiuport bi-plane by any chance?

Cheers

Derek

Thank you for the compliment.

You missed some build on LSP !

I finished the SE two months ago,and the Nieuport is just waiting for Belgian decals to be finished too.

post-4-1118836527.jpg

Sorry I missed those builds Erwin - they still look good. As for the Eindecker, I'm not sure what type of engine cowling you may have in the kit, but if you can fabricate it out of aluminium sheet, then with the use of a mini power drill and appropriate attachments, you can reproduce the plenished polished surface finish of the full size counterpart quite effectively. HTH.

Good luck

Derek

And we have a winner !!

Indeed ,the wing I showed is that of the Fokker Eindecker.

You may come to my place in Belgium and collect your price ;)

Hi Erwin!

Thank you for the kind offer, but South Africa to Belguim is a bit further than I would walk for a beer. I shall have one here tonight on you and your growing WW1 collection.

Prost!! :unsure:

...and, since it is the subject, lets have a beer for the Eagle of Lille as well tonight. If you know who that is, you too know your stuff, and you can have a drink on me as well. :D

Piet

[

...and, since it is the subject, lets have a beer for the Eagle of Lille as well tonight. If you know who that is, you too know your stuff, and you can have a drink on me as well. :rolleyes:

Piet

That's easy !

Oberleutnant Max Immelmann .