Spitfire Mk. II

hi chris!

wow... now a spitfire. and a very nice one. great work, as usual.

the instrumentpannel looks great. was the glue already dry when you took the picture of the instruments?

yours klaus

Guest LSP_Jay L

Superb work mate. I like the "adventure in masking" approach. Always a tricky one when having the cockpit open on a spitfire but you have solved that problem easily buddy.

I like the work on the rudder as well. You look at something and if you dont like it you fix it, no questions, and I like that.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hey Jay mate!

Thanks, yes, of cosre, no question... :D And he trys and trys and trys... :D :D

Did you already saw the DVD i send you?

Then you know "Well, Mrs. Sofie, i´ll do my very best"... :D :lol:

Here the latest pic guys. I don´t want to bore you with pics of the bird in primer, but here is one now with Alclad. I used White Aluminium. The result is not as good as i hoped, probable i used to much pressure.

Cheers,

Chris

post-4-1136764526.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

No worries about the Alu mate, do you have the micromesh I sent still? You can buff that stuff up to a nice shine of you want.

Cheers mate,

Jay

i think the camo color will get a good grip on that "non shiny" surface.

by the way... do you prime your models with black before you use alklad?

kristal clear... i think i have to get that. does anyone know a shop in austria where i can order it? or a shop in germany?

i have tryed the same for an instrumentpanel some time ago. i used humbrol clearfix for it. its a glue for glass parts. at first everything looked fantastic but when clearfix dries, it starts to shrink.

yours klaus

Thanks guys!

Jay,

yes i still have a bit of Micro Mesh, but it´s not that the sureface is rough, it´s very smooth, it´s more that it is not shiny. It will be ok.

Klaus,

yes i prime it, but not with black, i use the Grey Alclad Primer & Filler for the first painting step.

I got the Kristal Klear from a good friend in England. The stuff is very clear, but it starts to become yellowish after some time.

Brian,

thanks mate. I´m jsut back from town with fresh colors! :lol:

Cheers,

Chris

Damn... I was this morning in the city and bought some Tamiya paints for my Spitfire.

At home i started painting the belly, but it seems that Tamiya colors don´t like Alclad... :D

First it went ok, but then it started to get dusty. After it was dry, i sanded it carefully with 12000 Grid Micro Mesh. And then this.... Looks like a Spinner which layed for about 60 years in the channel :angry:

So i have to go to town again tomorrow and then i will buy my lovely Gunze Acrylics.

post-4-1136832272.jpg

Hi Chris,

Don't post much these day's as i have not built a model for a while, but i have been following your builds. Great stuff mate.

I think your little disaster with the paint has created a very realistic weathered effect. Those scratches are almost to a perfect scale, billiant.

Can't wait to see the Spit finished and hats off to you for giving your 'airforce' a bit of Allied opposition. :-)

All the best,

Sav.