what size holes for use with Airscale's Instrument decals?

ChuckT

I have Airscale's "early allied jets" Instrument decal sheet (in 1/32 scale) on order for scratch building a panel, but I would like to get rolling on making the actual panel while I wait for the decals to arrive.

Can anyone tell me what sizes holes correspond to the various sized instrument decals found on this sheet?

Thanks, Chuck.

The dials are as small as 1.5 mm, many are 2.25 mm and some big ones are 3 mm.

(Based on rack of the eye and digital calipers)

I would advise waiting and just pencilling in what goes where for now.

Tony

Hi Chuck - didn't realise you asked here too

I am afraid they vary - the largest at 3.1mm & the smallest down to 1.5mm - Unfortunately, I have no way to tell you what dial goes where on your panel and therefore what size would be appropriate

They have been sent so should be with you soon

Thanks

Peter

Chuck,

I use Airscale decals with pretty well every model that I have made lately. The best way to go about it is to work out which instrument you want to go where, and then find a punch that matches its diameter as close as possible. Punch the hole in the panel and then use the same punch to punch the instrument from the decal sheet.

Hope that helps.

Eric.

Thanks guys for all the input. I guess I wasn't very clear in my request. I was just wondering if anyone knew what size of punches (or drills) match up with the various airscale instrument decals. For example, the smallest instrument decal matches up with a 1.5mm punch, the medium one with a 2mm punch and so on.

Peter did get back to me and said the decals I ordered are on the way, but I was just hoping to get the ball rolling early IF someone new the correct sizes. 

I guess I'll have to work on something else in the mean time.

Thanks anyway, Chuck.