New Tool Hasegawa 1/32 Zero.....Why?

Big Texan

I just saw that Hobbico is listing the new zeke for $72.99 (MSRP).  http://www.hasegawausa.com/product-pages/hsgs8884.html

From post #2 of this thread:

I'm not so sure "affordable" can be considered an attribute - not here in the US, anyway:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFXTB&P=W

(Tower/Hobbico being the prime importer of Hasegawa kits to the US).

Still hold true, though. ;)

D

I'd love to be one of the first to buy (and give a critical review) of this kit but since I live in an apartment (for the time being), I'm not buying any kits that I'll just have to pack and move at a later date.  I'll let the retailer keep it for me until I'm ready for it. 

Someone here may well be reviewing it when it becomes available. How critical that review may be, I cannot answer.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the review, and can't wait to see these start hitting the bench. You know someone and or their will be a group that will just destroy the thing, and or pick it apart. If you like it, and want it, then buy it, this is America and we are allowed to spend our money as we see fit. 

Any new tooled offering should be applauded 

I can only speak for mysself but knowing the zero, I would not necessarily pick it apart but I would note obvious shape/detail issues (and no, I'm not going to put in on a micrometer to assess whether it's a mm or two too long or short) and address inaccuracies within the subtype and give my honest assessment as to whether they're worth noting or not.  I will also give credit where credit is due.  I would also give my best guess as to whether the existing parts support additional releases of different subtypes.  In short, I would attempt to be as objective as humanly possible given my knowlege and interest in the aircraft.