So what is it...........

Nessus

I'll post two photos first before I give it away. I have to admit I'm still dragging my feet with my LSPs, but stuff like this fills in the gaps. It is still awaiting detail painting and weathering. It has micro LEDs so hopefully the cabin and 3 main head lights will light up. The hull is cast in such a way that the upper and lower portions can be joined by small magnets allowing access batteries etc. 

Scale is 1/35

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Brendan

It's from the Sam Rockwell movie, Moon?

Give the man a canister of Helium 3!

Yes, it is Sarang Base Rover 3 from the movie "Moon". The kit is made by SRS Prototyping and can be built up (depending one which pieces you purchase) as any of the three rovers. You can also purchase a cabin interior which has a clear resin dash to allow for lighting

Two more shots showing a little more progress. Two wheels are missing but that is because I have only primed them and will probably use them to make track marks on a base before painting. The only other parts not currently on the model are the clamp for the crane, cabin hatch and windows.  Still trying to decide on a hinge mechanism for the hatch as it is not shown at any stage in the movie (other than to show it is not external). The headlights are still covered in silly putty.

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome

Brendan

So here it is with all 6 wheels on board. The model has been given a lightened Payne's Grey oil pin wash which compliments the recesses with a blue grey. Normally I would use a lamp black and burnt umber pinwash but that would be too warm for the lunar environment this is supposed to be operating in.

image.jpg1_3.jpg

The orange identification panels are custom mixed to match the stripe below the front cab. The clamp for the crane is connected with vinyl tube that comes with the kit.

image.jpg2_1.jpg

There were plans to mount it on a lunar landscape (and that still may happen) but the production manager (one of the kids) wasn't paying attention while I was out and let the plaster of paris set before imprints could be made into the surface for tracks. Might have another go. Still need some dust on the wheels regardless and a flat coat. Then the hatch and wind screen and it will be done.

Criticisms and comments welcome.

Brendan

Edited by Nessus