How to Paint Yellow Rings on Bombs

Bill Cross

Bill

This is what I do:

Make two tubes of light card stock, one the diameter of the forward edge of the rig, the other the diameter of the rear edge of the ring.

1.   Paint nose of the bomb the overall color.

2.   When paint is dry insert the nose of the bomb into the smaller tube and paint ring area your choice of color.

3.   After this paint has dried insert nose into larger tube and paint rest of bomb the color of the nose.

4.   Remove tube and voila.

HTH,

D.B.

Heat shrink tubes are a heat shrinkable 'neoprene-rubber type of' tube used to waterproof spliced electrical lines.  They are in lieu of electrical tape. 

You insert one line into a length of tube, splice the two electrical lines together then slip the tube over the splice.  You then wave a heat source (matches are good) under, over, and around the tube which reduces the tubes' diameter securing it against the splice and insulation creating a waterproof barrier.

They come in a variety of diameters and lengths.  You can buy them individually on ebay for cheap or you can buy a variety box at Harbor Freight, but those will probably be too big.

HTH.

Sincerely,

Mark

I think you can find them almost in every DIY shop, and they usually cost less than 1€ for a meter. I've bought 3 different diameters, and as they are very soft and flexible, you can fit them on almost every 1/32 ordnance diameters.