Kitty Kitty Bang Bang #2 - Takom Leopard C2

DoogsATX

The past week or so has been crap for bench time - mix of work and exhaustion has not been doing me any favors. But I did manage to get the SKP lenses installed on the C2 last night.

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-7-15-3-X3.jpg

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-7-15-4-X3.jpg

I wouldn't have minded the inside rear lenses being a bit more orange, but other than that I continue to absolutely love these things. Best lens options I've ever come across by far.

VERY nice!  Just looked up SKP lenses..................really nice looking, but do they make any "general" sets, or for that matter any aircraft sets?

No aircraft sets (which is a crime...they would be perfect for landing lights and nosegear lights, etc) and no general sets that I know of. It's frustrating for sure...though I am happy they do at least exist for armor and have a shockingly broad range there.

fantastic work, and I'd be bloody proud to have it on my bench and in my display case, well done indeed. I have never heard about the SKP lens options either, and I have been in the armor game for a few years, but then again, I just fill them with testors clear glue and paint those then with tamiya clear red or orange, then I end up weathering over that, so it's all not for nothing, but I know they are done. 

Fantastic work again, and you did this kit justice!!!!!!! 

fantastic work, and I'd be bloody proud to have it on my bench and in my display case, well done indeed. I have never heard about the SKP lens options either, and I have been in the armor game for a few years, but then again, I just fill them with testors clear glue and paint those then with tamiya clear red or orange, then I end up weathering over that, so it's all not for nothing, but I know they are done. 

Fantastic work again, and you did this kit justice!!!!!!! 

From what I can tell, SKP's lenses are basically photo etch with some acrylic resin dropped on top. Coolest thing about them (apart from how much they pop) is that you get the really intricate reflector patterns with them (visible on the headlights above)

And...done. As I've written elsewhere, I wrapped the C2 up last night and today it won its category at the annual Austin contest. First time I've done this well with armor so I guess I'm doing something right. Though I think the build is far from perfect - could have done better with the tracks and running gear, etc.

Anyway, done pics!

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-9-15%20FINAL-2

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-9-15%20FINAL-3

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-9-15%20FINAL-5

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-9-15%20FINAL-7

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-9-15%20FINAL-1

Takom%20Leopard%20C2%2010-9-15%20FINAL-1