legion condor Ju87 decals?

thierry laurent

Those are not going to help for an Anton - there were 3 deployed to Spain, 29o2; 29o3; and 29o4.  When 29o4 was damaged, 29o5 was sent to replace it.  Since there are no number 2 - 5 on the sheet you can't really use them for an Anton.

Edited by DougN

We need that pig and top hat with an umbrella for squadron emblems. The round circles and crosses could probably be done OK with masking and a mask cutting compass. Even so, the top hat and umbrella are just black printing... probably not incredibly difficult to do on our printers. You could say the same for the lettering, but it would be nice to have vector sources instead of just scanning them from photos or using other aircraft decals. Anyone know of any? I am completely with you on that Spanish Civil War Anton.

Tnarg

Guest Clunkmeister

Check with Sluggo here on LSP. He can do masks that are freak in amazing. He did them for my F-100 and FW-44.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Thanks for your comments.

I know that masks and custom decals for the spat markings may be used but it is not the easiest approach... You confirmed the fact that making such decals would not be very difficult considering most shapes. So, I think this could be an easy to make product for a decal producer. Moreover, all the needed information are easily available.

Ju 87A...I might do a (very) small batch screen printed ordinary decals if noone gets there before me...don't know if or when I might find the time and energy to do it though... And of course I'll have to buy the kit first :)

If you need pictures of the original aircraft or measurements of the kit, I can help. I've been collecting SCW information since the 80's when Hugh Silvis got me going in IPMS Golden Gate... both of them long gone, sad to say.

If you do the more than the top hat, you'd need more color than black and white (pink for the pig). Might you consider the bulldog as on a CR-32?

bulldog_zps30b92b5b.jpg

Tnarg

On the "world wide demand" front, I am afraid I agree with Jennings, even though I want these subjects really bad. I am learning how to print my own decals because my interests are not really mainstream. Who else wants a Lithuanian LVG C.VI? or a revised version of the Polish Nieuport 24 with a corrected Diana plus the bird on the other side (from the Roden kit)? Or even a Georgian (no, not the US version) Sopwith Camel? Blue Rider went out of business going after that market in 1/72 long before they gave them to us in 1/32. But I really, really like those subjects. Oh well, that's why I have to learn new things.

Tnarg

If you need pictures of the original aircraft or measurements of the kit, I can help. I've been collecting SCW information since the 80's when Hugh Silvis got me going in IPMS Golden Gate... both of them long gone, sad to say.

If you do the more than the top hat, you'd need more color than black and white (pink for the pig). Might you consider the bulldog as on a CR-32?

bulldog_zps30b92b5b.jpg

Tnarg

Never seen that before...hehe why not :) light grey is it? Both sides facing left, or? Dimensions of the roundel? CR.32 is the one Silver Wings kit I don't have :/

The Ju 87A kit is next on my shopping list...

I'll check what I have (and don't have.) Thanks.

As far as I can tell, the Bulldog emblem was on several CR-32's in Spain. That prompted me to think of the companions to the Junkers. They used the "Jolanthe the Pig" insignia on Legion Condor (Kondor?) Stukas on both A and B versions, but the top hat insignia was only on one A, if I have that correctly.

There are lots of interesting Spanish Civil War planes because they bought up anything with wings from the 30's and tried to get it in the country. Add to that the Russians (Soviets) versus the Germans and Italians who were sponsoring the opposing sides with loads of their aircraft, and you have quite a mix. From Bristol Bulldogs to P-26 prototypes to even a Lockheed Orion airliner, they just kept finding more stuff to fly. They trained quite a few Luftwaffe aces there, but the Soviets worried that their people were "contaminated" by the West.

I heard from a guy who was interested in the Spanish Civil War aircraft about a disturbing story even up to just before the death of Franco. He was in the hospital with an older gentleman who was a flier, likely in the Abraham Lincoln Brigade of US volunteers on the Republican Spain side. He had many photos in an album, but couldn't share the photos "because they showed the people's faces". These guys were supposedly hiding out in their basements during the day, only coming up in darkness because of fear of Franco's regime. This was in the 1970's, thirty years after the conclusion of that conflict. The planes are fascinating, but like all war stories, "War is H*ll".

Tnarg

This beauty. I never had the misfortune of laying eyes on one before Ern came along.....................

8478054415_1d7d907284.jpg

I had no idea. I thought perhaps he meant an Fw 190D, from JV 44. I learn something every day it seems.