Tamiya 1/32 F4U - 1A now available in Toronto

ironman1945

The reason has been posted in just about every new Tamiya release thread since the 1:48 Fi-156. The Canadian distributor pays for air service. The importer, Borgfelt, doesn't want to lose sales of hot releases to overseas, and or discount retail outlets. So they pay extra and get them sooner. However quantities are limited and stock of the new corsair is already low, demand has been high.

I like your theory but I like mine more (yours is probably correct).

I always thought it was due to the help Vintage Wings has given them. I have only noticed it with the 1/32 kits. I know the first 1/32 Spit Mk IXs went straight to VWoC.

I'm not complaining but I just wonder why Canada seems to always be the first to receive the new release Tamiya kits. HLJ likely won't get theirs until the end of November.

They know those guys up in the Great White North are very lonely and need their model planes right away!   ;)

Just placed my order, Thanks Dave. I told Ivan I knew you personally, and he grabbed one and saved it for me. Nice to know guys in high places :)

Cheers

Brad

From windy Oak Harbor

Edited by Brad-M

Just placed my order, Thanks Dave. I told Ivan I knew you personally, and he grabbed one and saved it for me. Nice to know guys in high places :)

Cheers

Brad

From windy Oak Harbor

Well, as much as I want to feel special for being in a "high place" :D I wouldn't have been able to play favourites here, you just happened to be the only person who asked for the last kit we had.

Which brings me to the point - we're now sold out. And apparently that's it for the early kits. Hope all you early birds from last week will get yours tomorrow or Friday. I know Dave got his on the West coast already.

Ivan

Edited by jaydeesan

Brad, happy to help whenever I can. Glad you got your order in for the last one.... drooled through mine last night. WHADDA GREAT KIT!

Ivan, thanks again for the amazing service. Its much appreciated!

Dave/Ironman1945

Well, as much as I want to feel special for being in a "high place" :D I wouldn't have been able to play favourites here, you just happened to be the only person who asked for the last kit we had.

Which brings me to the point - we're now sold out. And apparently that's it for the early kits. Hope all you early birds from last week will get yours tomorrow or Friday. I know Dave got his on the West coast already.

Ivan

Hopefully I get my corsair sometime this week, it's been stuck in Chicago since Sunday at usords whatever that means,

Jeff

Edited by Stinger16

The tracking number should work on USPS once the package gets into their hands. Should give you more info. (Canada Post will still show when it gets delivered at the end though.)

*edit: Having said that - they don't always have more info for some reason. I was looking at some of the numbers yesterday and was wondering why no changes since the 26th at the sorting facility.

Edited by jaydeesan

My tracking number works for both Canada Post and USPS. I was told by Canada Post it entered the destination country, and USPS is telling me it's being sorted in Chicago. I am in Washington State, so a bit more time to wait.

Looking forward to see the kit in my hands.

Cheers

Brad