J-65 engine pictures please

KAGNEW

hi guys

i need pictures of J-65 engines. with and without afterburners.

YF-104, B-57, Skyhawk's, F-84F's, and some USN had them. many other air craft also used this engine.

i need pictures for several 1/32 projects

thanx in advance

Glen

Glen,

I had been looking for the same engine for a while for my xf104. I was mostly interested in the aft end for the conversion. There are a few of the front on the web.

I did run across some photos but they ARE hard to come by.

Google was of help.

Buick manufactured that engine a licensed copy of the siddley sapphire if I am not mistaken.

I will check and see if I bookmarked the site

http://airandspace.si.edu/collections/artifact.cfm?object=nasm_A19760757002

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/09/Allison_J33%2C_Wright_J65%2C_Rolls-Royce_Olympus_Keski-Suomen_ilmailumuseo.JPG/1024px-Allison_J33%2C_Wright_J65%2C_Rolls-Royce_Olympus_Keski-Suomen_ilmailumuseo.JPG

Edited by fastzx

J-65 was indeed a licence built version of the Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire - there's one up at the Midland Air Museum, Coventry, UK.

My son and I regularly visit - so if you want some images of the engine they have there I'd be happy to oblige.

Not sure what, if any, differences there are with J-65 though - I think some changes were made to the casings? :hmmm:

This is the Sapphire:

1024px-ASSapphire.JPG

Iain

thanx guys.

Lain. if you get a chance i would like more pix from different angles.

if any body finds a picture of afterburner cans it would helpful also.

this engine is used in three of my upcoming 1/32 kits

A simple Google search for j65 turned up a host of images (including some anoraks).

It seems they were all very similar except for some kind of adaptor collar for the relevant aircraft inlet.

Bristol Siddeley, now Rolls Royce, is just up the road from me. If I can get help from the Heritage Centre with the Hercules radial for a Beaufighter book I may ask about the Sapphire.

Tony

most Google pictures are copy writed or to small for my old eyes to get the detail i want.

thank you guys for all the help.

to Fast ZX like i said this engine goes into 3 future 1/32 Kitty Hawk kits. some with burners, some without :innocent:.

also looking for pix of R-1300 radial engine for another 1/32 kit that will be coming in 2015 if all works out. :fight:

should be about 10 :help:  new 1/32 kits from us, from now to end of 2015 :mental: .

:piliot: Glen

what I'm reading here????!!!!.... a F-84F in 1:32 in the future!!!...Ohh dear God please help Glen and KH to make it right....(and put some HAF decals inside that box!) :innocent:  :popcorn:

just like that one.......but this is  only in 1:48...

1.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

hi Menelaos

i know from the people that helped me on it that you will see Dutch sheets for it. you may have to ask Eli for HAF decals.

i haven't decided on in box decals yet. i was leaning toward 2 USAF, 1 German, & 1 French.