Revell 1/32 Duo Discus

MrPRRose

Lovely! I'm surprised you bothered with a different coat of white over the top of the primer. These days, when I build airliners, I prime with either Mr White Surfacer or the Tamiya Fine White primer, and leave it at that. It gives such a great, tough satin finish that can be polished to a high shine if desired.

Anyway, there's certainly no arguing with your results! I'm curious to hear more about the tack cloth you are using. With two dogs and two cats, those tiny little hairs you speak of are the bane of painting models for me, and I'd love a solution. Do tell!

Kev

G'day Kevin well that's great advice - next white model I build I'll definitely just use primer and polish it up! Woops!

So the tack cloth is just an open cotton gauze that's impregnated with some kind of silicone-free tacky substance. You can get them from paint supply places as well as industrial supply shops. Mine only cost $1.60 each and in Toowoomba I get them from Sedl agencies in town. I'll post up a photo!

In using them I like to cut off a small segment and keep it in a zip-lock bag. You just lightly drag/wipe it over the surface immediately before spraying. I have a cat too who likes jumping into my spray booth to sleep!!!

Nice glider, I have one of these in the stash, don't think I've even taken it out of the box :)...

Kev, over here you can get hold of tac cloths in boxes with quite a few individually wrapped cloths inside. I got a box from eBay for a rather good price.

Matt

Thanks Eric :)

It's certainly a nice change from military stuff..and just lovely at 1/32 scale! You have to hand it to Revell for their diverse subject matter!

Ok so i just painted the canopy edge, this was tricky to mask as the inside frame edge is not in the same line as the external moulded edge. So a bit of judgement there. IMG_20140926_172139_zpsdwhqqy7z.jpg

G'day Matt, lucky guy having one in your stash..apparently they are now discontinued and this one I ordered from eBay came with unusable decals - they looked like they had been through the wash!

I searched almost all the toy shops in Queensland and found another one in mint condition..so I have 2 airframes and luckily the decal sheet has so many great looking options I can finish both ;')

G'day guys well I just glued the canopy on with Kristal Klear, strapped down lightly with tape to get minimal seam while the glue dries. I cleaned up the excess with a moistened cotton tip, this is the first time I've used this stuff and it seems pretty good! :)

Some more decals applied also - so nice to put them onto a glossy white surface. IMG_20140929_125816_zps3rnqmxu5.jpg