LSP_K2

1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

You well know how much I like your build but even more I like your attitude Kev.  

While you can build these Dragon kits straight from the box and have a rough approximation of the real thing and be very happy with the results. You can do as you are doing and critically look at each piece and add details or replace whole parts to make a stunningly accurate model of the actual weapon. Your quad 20mm will be a very impressive beast once you have her finished.

Dan

Agreed!    This one will be a real winner when done K2

Thanks, fellas. Adding all this stuff, makes me feel that detailing a 1:32 fighter would be a snap after this. :) Now that I actually know what it is (not that I needed to know), the spirit level and associated brackets have now been added.

yhwgjx.jpg

Though technically not correct, I've used .005 discs to represent the flush head screws here;... a lot easier than countersinking the holes and using real screws.

3oZQXx.jpg

Trailing end of base is really moving along now. Some grinding and weld marks added with the soldering gun, should make this area look way better than before.

f14T3E.jpg

As much as I didn't want to originally, I've come to the conclusion that this large diameter molded on ridge (which is supposed to be angle iron), needs to be replaced, so I'll be grinding this all off. Also, this ring is oval, not round, as Dragon has depicted it.

4IBa8y.jpg

The offending flange is ground off, now the real fun begins. :wacko: I've also opened up both front legs for detailing, as seen on the real deal. One is out of whack for some reason, though I measured three times, so I'll repair that and move on.

lIEpfR.jpg

Parting shot. No more work on this until at least Monday, as dining room table (my work area), has to be cleaned off for Memorial day hog fest this weekend. We'll be grilling our brains out

Z1iCLu.jpg