some of my props...

Menelaos

Hi Menelaos.

What a surprise! All those lovely old props from someone who I had labelled in my mind as a 100% jet head!

Really nice models! You must have more built kits than I have pots of paint. Have you got a dedicated building to house them in?

BTW - how many girlfriends does Chris have anyway?

Wow again, thanks for the closeups, they are really great, especially the hurricane, lovely job you di don the merlin. Many guys underdetail that engine so that it looks very bare. You did a wonderful job. Just one question, if you do use an airbrush sometimes, why do you brush paint? isn;t it easier to d it with the airbrush? I use brushes in the bare miniumum way and only when I can;t do otherwise. I try to do even the tinies detailwith the airbrush. Great work and great pics. by the way I only realised you brush painted when Brad told me. Your painting is way out man.!!

thanks Brian!

the reason is I just love brushes & brushing. I'm a bit too lazy to clean up the airbrush!!...I use that thing only for metal surfaces, and the Luftwaffe camos...

That's it!

BTW today evening I'll post some pics of my Mosies..

Hey Menelaos,

Oh! Oh!! I'm deep in my "happy place" now! :lol: MANY thanks for the additional photos close-ups! :lol: After you answered my 1st question (on the 190 kit) and seeing all your close-ups, I now have another [rather] important question for you again!

First off... it is SO great to see another modeler's "successes" with the BIG 1/24 scale Airfix kits! Especially the German aircraft kits, which I LOVE so well! :D As I said earlier... not only do I have the 190 kit, but I also have the Ju-87 Stuka as well. Both are constantly calling my name, for me to build them!! :huh: I built the 109 several years ago, but didn't plan very well, for all the aftermaket "work" needed on the kit, to make it more accurate. But I certainly hope, the next 2, will be MUCH better... :) :lol:

Anyway, back to my question. I've talked with a couple of other LSP members, who've also built the Airfix 190, in regards to a HUGE ISSUE that seems to be prevailant with the Airfix kit and if not corrected, unfortunately, it stands out as a VERY noticeable flaw!! :blink: It seems the "cooling fan/fins" protrude out beyond the front of the cowling a few mm. :blink:

Question is... did you also run into this same problem and if so... what was your solution to it?!

Many thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks for your kind comments...

about your question,,,..... hmmm ....I didn't knew (remeber) that the fins are a couple mm beyond the cowiling...I checked some pics I have of the 190 and I must say they don't in the real plane...

They are beyond the cowling if the first (outer) ring of the cowling if it is removed....

here's a pic I have....

The BMW engine is a bit too long in the Airfix kit.....so......... (next thread)....

post-4-1109716005.jpg

Dave as I built that kit almost OOB I must say that the cooling fins could be a bit too deep inside the cowling. I would make the ring (red arrow) a bit thinner and glue the fins a bit forward....(?)

I just cut a little of the back side of the BMW and glue the whole thing a bit deeper....

post-4-1109716171.jpg