Combat Models A-26A Counter Invader (1/32)

May I make another suggestion?

It may sound a bit strange, but it works for me.

I use  professional acrylic  floor polish. Not Future, or what ever it is called there. It is like water and milky looking. I pour a bit in a small plastic cup, dip a finger in it and wipe quickly from the hub outward. Use very little.

Do the other side, let dry for a minute or so, and do it again. It will fill any minute scratches and makes a nice surface. Don't use much, it will run if you do.

Make your mold after it is fully dry.

Where can you buy it?..............

OK I see Home Depot has a Pro Acrylic polish.........I'll check it out............

Edited by oldthudman5

Where can you buy it?..............

OK I see Home Depot has a Pro Acrylic polish.........I'll check it out............

I get mine at a restaurant supply store.

I gallon jug will last the rest of your life.

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic. I'm also doing up one of these using the ID Models kit. The work on the prop is out of this world. From what I can see the Combat kit appears to be the better of these two models. There is a great walk around on google . These are a virtual walk around of the 5 airframes that were flown to Nha Trang in 1969

Lots of pictures taken by an Army dude.  Hope these can help you. I'm doing the one named MAGNET ASS. There is also a resin source for the "Funny Bomb" cluster units carried in the Bombay. Its available from Sprue Bros. and is by Daco. Youll find  that there is an awful lot available for everything except the aircraft itself.

This is fantastic. I'm also doing up one of these using the ID Models kit. The work on the prop is out of this world. From what I can see the Combat kit appears to be the better of these two models. There is a great walk around on google . These are a virtual walk around of the 5 airframes that were flown to Nha Trang in 1969

Lots of pictures taken by an Army dude.  Hope these can help you. I'm doing the one named MAGNET ASS. There is also a resin source for the "Funny Bomb" cluster units carried in the Bombay. Its available from Sprue Bros. and is by Daco. Youll find  that there is an awful lot available for everything except the aircraft itself.

The Combat  Models version (vs the I.D./Tigger models kit)  comes with drawings and  resin parts....(BTW the clear parts are very nice)..To my knowledge the Tigger ID A-26 kit does not.......????.........

Edited by oldthudman5

Well, I'm ready to start on the fuselage (the scary part)............Have cut the major parts out ..........next the main partitions, icockpit nterior, doghouse interior, wheel well, gun nose detail, and scribing (the fun part....yuk!!!!)................Also the 2 wing pilot fuel tanks.........

Sorry for the dark pic........Found I had the settings wrong.........

IMG_0333_zps9f1bce85.jpg

Edited by oldthudman5

• 2 weeks later...