1/32 Texan/Harvard down Under

SirBlueHenry

oh - also, the formation lights - the 3 lights under the fuselage are incorrectly positioned and too small

Once you clean up the fuselage join in that area, you can't keep them anyway, as they end up being mostly sanded off. Plus, they're raised circles, and I'd imagine that on the real thing they're recessed flush with the fuselage skin. I'll either mask and paint mine, or use coloured decals. If I were doing it again, I'd probably cut holes and fill them with either acetate circles or tinted Kristal Kleer.

Kev

Kev

seat parts glued, trying to fill the irritating ejector pin marks on the prop blades. drilled out fuel caps

Busy remaking the upper bulkhead with the 2 holes in it as the holes are not correctly positioned (hardly worth the effort but im doing it anyway)

flattened one ailerons ribs so far

13272046594_dce48ecaaa_b.jpg

Since I am not going to be doing anything in the area between engine and firewall and nothing will be visible I have decided to make a new firewall and keep the original - seems a shame to loose that moulded detail on the other side, and its a pretty easy piece to make, so busy test fitiing things so far

13293120995_6f3f870b78_b.jpg

Glueing engine halves together, and they ONLY go together 1 specific way - but even so the fir is not perfect and does need some minor pressure to keep cylinders together. I hope any gaps will not be noticeable in the end. trying to run glue into the gaps on the sides of culinders just doesnt work as the glue immediately runs down the cooling fins. so maybe more care and thought in this area.

13293500744_88dafd427e_b.jpg

I wasnt going to do much extra work - but i guess I am enjoying the opprtunity of correcting detail on this large scale Harvard. So decided the wheel wells and centre section is an area id like to get right. Part of this is because I soon need to do this all in 1/7 scale, so might as well practice while I can

13293501384_a7342c910c_b.jpg