1/32 Texan/Harvard down Under

SirBlueHenry

Very interesting .....love the dauntless and wingless Harvard......really nicely done

I too just not to long ago got myself one......I am no expert on the type but I was wondering can a RNZAF Harvard be built from the box? I believe the canopy is not right.....any other obvious details.....that can be shared will be most helpful......

I have noticed that even from the canopies supplied, there are no middle dividers on the side panels which is represented on all versions in the box......will be challenging to replicate at least for me.....always a phobia when it comes to clear parts....

thanks and best regards

mr b

you can do a Kiwi  Harvard, but it will be as accurate (or not) as anything else you choose to do.

put more simply. With this kit there are so many inconsistencies that it doesnt really matter. just do whatever you want and it will be as good as you make it.

Kiwi 1/32 Decals will be required of course

bars on the canopy bits are not a big deal. I will be adding bars to mine for the South african version, so just keep an eye and see how i do it.

There are far more difficult areas on this kit than the canopy bits.

But it will be nice when done - despite all the moans and groans.

Edited by SirBlueHenry

OK - a couple of changes of plan.

Decided to just go with 7111 - no reason not to.

I have found better SAAF decals so thats all fine.

but as i work on the model i get more enthusiastic and have decided to do a few extras, like a fuel tank panel open on 1 side, cowling off so all engine visible, and 1 side panel off so cockpit visible.

and i will do retractable undercarriage.

but as i work on the model i get more enthusiastic and have decided to do a few extras, like a fuel tank panel open on 1 side, cowling off so all engine visible, and 1 side panel off so cockpit visible.

and i will do retractable undercarriage.

With these changes, you may well need the second kit for spares. ;)

Regards,

Im taking off the 2 covers over the fuel tanks.

Thank Goodness it is not another problem! 

phew.gif Phew!

With your eye for detail, I am following closely so something like that worried me since it wasn't explained.

Regards,