Trumpeter A-6A "Devil 505"

TimW

Engines look awesome you going to have the cowlings open on yours?

Still debating on that.  I'm leaning toward not having them open, as I like the look of the aircraft with panels and such closed up.  Sort of a "ready for take off" setting.

Still trying to find some decent standing crew figures!

Tim W.

I'm watching this! Haven't seen an Intruder build for a while and I need my fix!

Cheers, Tom

I hope to make more progress this week.  Working on the 'pit and the aft avionics right now.   I have the replacement GRU-5 seats and that, plus a bit of gizmology, is all I'm really going to do to the cockpit as the kit one isn't really that bad, IMO.

OK, that and I've blown cash on other things.... :innocent:

Listening to my unabridged "Flight of the Intruder" book on CD for inspiration as I work...

Tim W.

Looking forward to it! I've written this on other forums as well: check out "Those 67 Blues" by B.K.Bryans, an autobiography of another Vietnam War Intruder pilot. His missions over Hanoi were amazing.

Cheers, Tom

Added to my list!

Tim W

I'm working on the cockpit right now, but thanks to work and riding herd on No. 1 son to make sure he's doing his homework I've not made as much progress as hoped.   Working on that "just right" mix for the orange seat cushions :blink:

Hopefully more to come this weekend.  Got 67 Blues in the mail yesterday and will be reading that one soon!  Looks very promising.

Tim W.