Verlinden Fw 190D-9 update set - which base kit?

Anders_Isaksson

This set looks pretty good for what I need and it is labelled as being designed for the Hasegawa kit. So far so good.

However, when looking closer at the photo of the set I see the base kit looks like an older version, clearly having raised rivets etc.

What gives? I assumed this set was for the Hasegawa 'new tool' D-9 and I was not aware they ever made an older kit of the D-9, unlike the A-F series which also are available as earlier generation kits.

Perhaps the set fits the newer D-9 kit also, has anyone given it a try?  :huh:

Thanks all for the info, very much appreciated!

Forgot to say that it is the new tool JV44 edition I have but the Verlinden set seem to feature all items I need for my build.

Even though the Verlinden set is not up there with Aires in terms of quality I am most interested in the open gun cowl and the shelf behind the seat.

But it looks like Aires offer similar sets, albeit at a higher price. On the other hand those sets are designed for my kit, although fit often is a relative term regarding Aires stuff... ;)

Still wondering if the relevant Verlinden parts can be adapted to the new tool kit, I guess there is only one way to find out... :)

Edited by Anders_Isaksson