Quickboost 1/32 Aces II seat for F-117A *be aware*

Uilleann

If I can suggest another perspective. Let us say you are scratch building or building a correct cockpit, buy the widened QB seat as you suggest only to find out it is not to scale and too big for a correct to scale build? I do understand your concern though. To be honest if you are not correcting the grossly to thick structure and other issues with the seat area, I would stay with the stock seat and try dressing it up with an eduard color seat kit for an F-15C or for the F-117 if they make one( Don't know if they do or not, but the F-15 seat PE will work nicely).

Another option would be to use a Tamiya F-15 Eagle seat with the Eduard PE set I mentioned as these are very detailed and are larger then the QB seat...... I have some and would be happy to send you one for free, just PM me with your address if your want to try it.

Message to Iain: will the Aries set work with the new "cleavage" set for the rear of the Lightning? I have an Aries set and it's too good to junk. I realise that the remainder of the hourglass shape will need seriously thinning down (have tested that, provisionally, on Lightning F.6 chop #1, which is now spare parts locker for the other two Lightnings once your sets are available).

Hi Tony,

Some tweaking still to do - but yes (he hopes ;))

Relevant thread posts here.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Thanks Iain!

On the F-117A, I agree with ghatherly's concept with the seat: tart-up the kit one with pre-painted PE. Given that you're looking at micro-machining intake mesh and having the clear parts optically coated, I would have thought the moulded-in variety were a bit basic.

Kagemusha's idea of a painted-up crewman is also a great idea, as his "body" and "arms" will hide a multitude of seat mis-match sins, although you might want appropriate tiny decals for the flightsuit patch insignia. I've been mooching over that concept if Airscale don't take it up.

Cheers

Tony T