No:6 Assi BF109F-2

Hi.

This is my no:6 since my restart last year (havent build in 19 years)

Its a Hasegawa kit.

All the insignias and staffel markings are painted with an airbrush and masking tape, the cross on the tail, all the warning signs and numbers and the rooster are decals from and old trumpeter kit and others

enjoy the pics, sorry for the bad pics, im still learning that skill.

szrc.jpg
fv9u.jpg
losl.jpg
p7sc.jpg
jvst.jpg

/Mal

Thx John.

Those took a while to do. i started after model No:2 to paint all that i can paint after bad decals,

they were extremely fragile and so on, and after that i started to realize all the benegits of trying to master the skill of painting insignias, numbers etc...,

I can choose more invidual builds and dont have to be stuck on expensive aftermarket decals just for one plane,

Im a Oob builder exept seatbelts that i use to complete my cockpits

Off course the smalest numbers, varnings signs are decals ;).

Ill improving my english in writing also on this forum :D

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Mal,

Your English is fine. ;)

I am gradually working in the same direction. I have a couple of other builds lined up that will have me painting more of my own markings, too. Seeing a great job like yours is certainly inspirational and I thank you for posting it!

John

Thx all. :D im glad you all liked :)

A few pics during build

img8108t.jpg

img9577f.jpg

The sight glass i made out of plastic coverage from ca glue :)

allways look what i have home, tryinh to build entrtile Oob, aftermarket items are expensive....

img5814g.jpg

Those who want to see rhe complete building log can visit Ipms Gothenbur sweden, its all in swedish, but loads of pics, pics do the talking :)

Just ask ill explain how i did some work ;)

http://ipmsgoteborg.clubdiscussion.net/t3221-bf109f-2-ska-det-bli

Again ( I've been watching your builds in reverse order) superb work. Your finish looks impeccable - really nice.

Apart from that it seems we share the taste in choice of aircrafts and markings... Like those a lot

Thx Tomas

Im stuck in what i call BF109 swamp :lol:, but im building other birds as well, but main love for ww2 birds is bf109, love the lines, looks fast and mean :D

Also A6M i love the lines, im still waiting for my Tamiya A6M2 to arrive :D

I got a lot of help from a swedish fellow modelbuilder Mattias that have impressiv knowledge specially about BF109 :), he is a very skilled model builder.

He have helped me alot during my builds, downs and ups, giving me alot of feedback and inspired me and so on

/Mal

Im stuck in what i call BF109 swamp :lol:, but im building other birds as well, but main love for ww2 birds is bf109, love the lines, looks fast and mean :D

Swamp ?? you make it sound so negative :-) I loove the 109 as well, and I have 8 32nd in the stash and need some more for my 'every type of 109' marathon

Your English is fine BTW

Edited by Thomas Lund

Swamp ?? you make it sound so negative :-) I loove the 109 as well, and I have 8 32nd in the stash and need some more for my 'every type of 109' marathon

Your English is fine BTW

+1!!!

You are in good company, here. There's no such thing as "too many" 109s (and I'll say the same thing about the Fw-190, as well!). :D