P-51 B Big Mac Junior

FlorinM

Totally agree with the fun factor, having a blast with this old horsey, and sharing with you, guys! But taking notes might not be necessary. There is an unwritten law that says that by the time one completes upgrading an old kit like mine there will be a brand spanking new version (accurate from the box) of it released on the market...  And in this case it is sorely needed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So how much does one have to part with for one of the P-51B Rutman kits these days? I know Jerry isn't making them anymore, but I haven't seen that one on ebay lately either. I was planning to buy the Trumpy one at some point, since I know the Revell one isn't great, but after reading this thread, I don't think I want that one, either. 

Tim

Truth. The Rutman resin P-51B kit is unquestionably the best in 1:32nd with the Revell second.

A mainstream injection razorback will hopefully be released soon, it is badly needed. because it is really sad that with regard to shape the most accurate plastic kit of this beautiful bird in large scale was first released in 1969 and it does need some work. It is also sad that the one released in 2007 (Trumpeter) is a missed opportunity, having shape issues even worse than the old one...

It is really disappointing that the Trumpy kit is so inaccurate. I was looking forward to it. I sold my Revell kit some years back because I din't want to fix it. I guess I may have to buy another one if there is not another available soon, or save up for a Rutman kit.

• 2 weeks later...

A really minor update, a styrene right triangle with one side measuring 2.1 cm and the other 0.5 millimeters,was added on each side of the cockpit.

Might not look like much, but this is important, without it the guide rails for the "Malcolm" hood would be at a wrong angle.

DSCF1148.JPG

Edited by FlorinM