Compressor pressure adjustment

Guest Dekenba

Guest Dekenba

I've got a lovely compressor with a tank that works fine. However, the pressure adjustment gizmo is fixed to the compressor and my problem is that I want to be able to adjust the pressure without having to bend down to the unit every time, primarily because I want to stick it in a cupboard.

Can I stick some sort of second pressure adjuster towards the end of the hose that would allow me to adjust the pressure? I think not because it would be outside of the feedback loop?

I've got a lovely compressor with a tank that works fine. However, the pressure adjustment gizmo is fixed to the compressor and my problem is that I want to be able to adjust the pressure without having to bend down to the unit every time, primarily because I want to stick it in a cupboard.

Can I stick some sort of second pressure adjuster towards the end of the hose that would allow me to adjust the pressure? I think not because it would be outside of the feedback loop?

You could run a hose from the compressor to a remote regulator, then attach your airbrush to that. I think its a better solution than running a long hose from in your cupboard.

Hello, I think one of these would be the answer..... I don't know what they're called in English;

http://www.detectorshop.nl/airbrush/lucht-aansluitingen/snelkoppeling-luchtregelaar-1-8-bu---1-8-nippel-bi.php

it's to connect your AB to the hose but with pressure-adjuster...... and cheaper than a regulator.

Edited by Plasticsurgeon

Hello, I think one of these would be the answer..... I don't know what they're called in English;

http://www.detectorshop.nl/airbrush/lucht-aansluitingen/snelkoppeling-luchtregelaar-1-8-bu---1-8-nippel-bi.php

it's to connect your AB to the hose but with pressure-adjuster...... and cheaper than a regulator.

This is a flow regulator; you can regulate either flow or pressure, but not both. It's no problem putting an additional regulator on the line - just remember that the maximum pressure downstream can be no higher than that set with the regulator closest to the tank.

Guest Dekenba

This is a flow regulator; you can regulate either flow or pressure, but not both. It's no problem putting an additional regulator on the line - just remember that the maximum pressure downstream can be no higher than that set with the regulator closest to the tank.

So if I set the regulator on the tank to 35, then the additional downstream regulator at, say, 20, I'll get 20 out of the airbrush?

I think part of the potential problem is the pressure level in the tank, and by extension, the pressure in the hose between the tank and regulator- If you have 100psi in the tank, as an example, and the hose can safely hold 80, there would be an obvious danger there. otherwise, the only problem would be with condensation, and that can be fixed with a water trap.