F-16 Aggressor - two questions on what's out there

seiran01

Hi guys,

Can someone point me in the direction of photos of F-16 Aggressors that have the large-mouth air intake? I found one photo of one int he black/white/gray scheme after a long google search and am interested to see what else is out there, if any.

Second question - are there decals for any large-mouth aggressors? Does the TwoBobs Arctic Aggressor sheet cover that bird?

Thanks!

Greetings Mike!

I think I can help you out here. The only large mouth intake F-16 Aggressors are those used by the 18th up in Alaska (Block 30). Two Bobs has a sheet (32-051) with markings for the Flanker (blue) scheme and Lizard (green/brown) available- if you fancy one of those two I have an extra sheet I'd be happy to send to you no charge. It is titled "Blue Fox Bandits".

decal_ab-48034-4.jpg

decal_ab-48034-3.jpg

The Arctic scheme (black, white, gray) is a tough one to find markings for in 1/32, the only sheet I know of is the LOOOOONG OOP Afterburner sheet (Arctic Aggressors) in 1/48 with bonus markings in 1/32 for one of those jets and the Two Bobs sheet you mention which is also OOP.

decal_ab-48034-1.jpg

Edited by Daywalker

Thanks Frank,

I have the Blue Fox Bandits sheet already, so it looks like I'll need to track down the arctic sheet or go ahead with my backup plan of building my tamiya block 50 with the Wolfpack conversion for the -E block 60

All Nellis F-16C were all Pratt engined blocks, and would have the smaller NSI intakes.

www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/aircraft-assignments/unit/USAF%2064%20AS/

I thought the only block 30 aggressors were the Alaskan ones.....the arctic, the lizard and flanker schemes.

C

Greetings Mike!

I think I can help you out here. The only large mouth intake F-16 Aggressors are those used by the 18th up in Alaska (Block 30). Two Bobs has a sheet (32-051) with markings for the Flanker (blue) scheme and Lizard (green/brown) available- if you fancy one of those two I have an extra sheet I'd be happy to send to you no charge. It is titled "Blue Fox Bandits".

[img=http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/may/new-releases/decal_ab-48034-4.jpg]

[img=http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/may/new-releases/decal_ab-48034-3.jpg]

The Arctic scheme (black, white, gray) is a tough one to find markings for in 1/32, the only sheet I know of is the LOOOOONG OOP Afterburner sheet (Arctic Aggressors) in 1/48 with bonus markings in 1/32 for one of those jets and the Two Bobs sheet you mention which is also OOP.

[img=http://www.internetmodeler.com/2008/may/new-releases/decal_ab-48034-1.jpg]

Hi Frank,

Just wanted to check but do these F-16s use the heavy weight gear or the earlier lightweight one?

If it's the heavyweight gear, Iit looks like I'll be building one of these!!!

Carl

Carl, look through the link I posted. There's a ton of info on what blocks have what. Block 30s.....shown in the decal options above....are lightweight gear.

Nellis did fly some later blocks tho.

Light weight gear.

From the F-16C T-Bird kit, you'll need the Light Weight MLG, LWG main wheels, MLG mounted Taxi & Landing lights, non bulged MLG doors, non-bulged MLG door retract bracket/actuators, MLG forward 279 bulkhead (non bulged), and remove the "pre-bulge" from the upper LOX & ECS Turbine panels, which are part of the external MCID (Big Mouth) intake halves.

Mike V

Carl, look through the link I posted. There's a ton of info on what blocks have what. Block 30s.....shown in the decal options above....are lightweight gear.

Yep, All of the Block 30's use the lightweight gear. As Chris mentioned, some of the Nellis birds are Block 42's, which would have the heavyweight gear. All of the Block 42's are painted in the "Flanker" scheme, but note that not all "flanker" painted jets are Block 42's.

Yep, All of the Block 30's use the lightweight gear. As Chris mentioned, some of the Nellis birds are Block 42's, which would have the heavyweight gear. All of the Block 42's are painted in the "Flanker" scheme, but note that not all "flanker" painted jets are Block 42's.

Actually, there are some Block 30s that use the Heavy Weight Gear:

Isreali Block 30 F-16C Baraks and the HAF Block 30s are configured with Heavy Weight gear.

If Mike decides to change to a Nellis Block 42, then he will need to get the Pratt Exhaust and NSI intake assemblies from the F-16C T-Bird kit.

Mike V

Csavglio, thanks for the link. I missed it earlier. I'm back to looking for a T-Birds kit I guess.

Carl

Light weight gear.

From the F-16C T-Bird kit, you'll need the Light Weight MLG, LWG main wheels, MLG mounted Taxi & Landing lights, non bulged MLG doors, non-bulged MLG door retract bracket/actuators, MLG forward 279 bulkhead (non bulged), and remove the "pre-bulge" from the upper LOX & ECS Turbine panels, which are part of the external MCID (Big Mouth) intake halves.

Mike V

Thanks guys.

From my understanding, the T-Bird parts are no longer available from Tamiya so finding an unsold kit seems to be the only option. My LHS has one but they want $225 CDN for it. I bought the CJ kit from them for $150 so find it a bit high.

Carl

Tamiya America had tbird parts when I phoned but some ass had just bought all 5 sets they had. More are en route but 2-3mo out.

Unless I can track down the arctic decals ill do the UAE f-16E :-)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Tamiya America had tbird parts when I phoned but some ass had just bought all 5 sets they had. More are en route but 2-3mo out.

Unless I can track down the arctic decals ill do the UAE f-16E :-)

Thanks for all the help guys!

I wonder if that's the guy parting them out on eBay? He wants $60 just for the intake!

Carl