[finished] Carganico's letzte Maus - Bf109G-5/U2 - Hasegawa

Kyrre

Thanks, Kevin!

It certainly makes for a different 109. Normally I'll skip most of the decals and just have a ball with mottling and weathering. This time I tried doing everything right. I even put the panel line numbers on the rear fuselage.
Forgot to say that I started off with some Eagle Cal crosses, but the filled part, a very, very dark green, was so stiff that it was impossible to get it down in the panel lines. Out with the blue masking tape and RIP! Off they went.
I had some AML crosses and they went on beautifully.

Thanks, Troy!

I'm keeping the weathering light, but with some chipping done with various coloured pastel pencils - a not so dark wash - and some heavy staining around the exhaust, because of the MW-Mischung. I'm struggling a bit with the pencils, though, while the surface is, surprisingly enough, a tad too smooth.
The drop-tank is the one receiving most of the weathering. It seems like it's been dropped a few times already. :D

Domo Arigato, Mike.

It's 2am. I'm in a hotel room in San Antonio with kids and wife sound asleep. I just finished off two pints of Lone Star beer while finishing the Messerschmitt. For once I'll actually bring a kit to a contest! Model Fiesta, here I come.

I wouldn't say the kit has fought me all the way, but it has surely been a test. Most of the struggles have been my own wrongdoings. S'been fun, though.

I'll get some pics on Sunday, when I come home again.

K

Edited by Kyrre