TWA Super-G Constellation

RacerDave

I'm just about ready to call this one done, I just have to add the wing walk lines on top of the wings. Its the Minicraft kit 100% OOB. I dont remember when I started but shes been on my shelf of doom for over 5yrs! She just needed a new paint job and fresh decals. The only bad part is that now I want to get cracking on my other connies! lol

These pics are kinda terrible, shot on my floor. I'll try to get some nice outdoorsy pictures soon. She will be making the trip to MI this weekend for the Kalamazoo contest, See you guys there?

101_2115.jpg

101_2118.jpg

Posing next to Mount R-3350 (aka, my coffee table!)

101_2121.jpg

And a quick new vs. old picture!

101_2130.jpg

And finally, one that I know you LSP guys will appreciate!

101_2124.jpg

I just sold the same kit recently, figured I'd never get around to it. I did get a chance to go to an open house that TWA had here a few years back, and a very nicely restored TWA Connie was present, as was a Martin 404 and Ozark DC-3. Very cool stuff.

Thanks guys! I promise it looks better in pictures than in person! lol. I'll do better next time! I'm actually planning to build the entire series of Constellations in 1/144, from the 049 straight up thru the 1649B including paper projects! About 20 models on the civvy side! Dont even get me started on Military variants, I'll save those for when I go truely insane! lol. Thanks again guys, I truely appreciate it! Keep an eye out for more Connies from me!

...I'll be at the Zoo Sat.

I'm disappointed that the contest isnt at the Airzoo this year! I'll have a couple friends in tow so we will probably spend most of the day at the air museum instead of the contest. I have not made it to this show since I moved to TN so I'm very excited to drop in. I remember when it was held in the restoration hanger surrounded by airplanes and parts, it was great!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick footnote on this one... The contest in Kalamazoo was great! I had a lot of fun and my non-modelling friends werent completely bored to tears! I'd call that a success by itself! lol.

Radial, it was good to meet you! Your Waco looks simply amazing in person! Fantastic color too!

To my complete Shock the Constellation was awarded both the Best out-of-box award and First Place in category! I literally just threw this thing together and made several mistakes in the paintjob but I guess the judges missed those! lol

and best of all, my packing skills seem to be improving! Three models in one box a 1400 mile round trip on four airplanes, several cars, and unavoidable rough handling all survived without even the slightest scratch! Amazing!

101_2136.jpg