ME 262 help needed

Rottweiler

Howdy Folks,

I need the help of the kind people here at LSP. I have an ME-262 (Hasegawa) and the instructions aren't clear on the interior colors, at least no clear enough for me. :blush:

Would some one be so kind as to provide the information for interior colors? Specifically wheel wells/bays, cockpit, gun bay and also color(s) for the guns. I tried to research it and saw diffierent gun colors. Some guns an aluminum color, others a dark (gunmetal?) and some with the guns being all dark except for the very ends of the barrels. :BANGHEAD2:

Thanks to all who take time to have a look at the post and reply. :clap2: :clap2:

God Bless You All,

Joe :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Rottweiler

Cockpit interior: RLM 66(very dark grey)

Other interior areas such as wheel wells, gun bays, etc: RLM 02(green-gray), although late war some areas such as wheel wells could be natural metal.

Guns should be gun metal color which can vary due to light and film. I use a dark grey rubbed with graphite and maybe a coat of clear blue over it.

Joe

Drop me a PM with your email address and I can send you a couple of colour photos of an unrestored 'pit, gun bay and wheel well.

Generally, though much as Ray says. Pit was still painted up and RLM66 dark grey (though don't forget to lighten it a little for scale effect). Many production a/c had major structural components in gear and gun bays in natural metal. Steel parts were usually painted - can be RLM 02 or one of a range of 'non standard' colours. Individual components, electrical junction boxes, other fixtures and fittings were usually painted, again often in RLM 02 or grey 66.

Photos will make things clearer.

Matt

Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for your responses. I appreciate them very much.

Ron,

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure and check it out.

Matt,

PM sent with e-mail address. Thanks for the pictures.

God Bless you All,

Joe :thumbsup: :thumbsup: