AF Spad seats

Hagar

I apologize up front if this has been hashed out before. But does anyone make an Air Force seat for the A1-H Spad? I'm lucky enough to be getting one for my B Day and have someparts I'm buying from a friend here, and have the Zotz decals coming. But from what little I understand I'll need a new seat. I guess I should ask about refs. I have an In Detail and Scale coming, anything else that might be a must have? Thanks inn advance for your help.

James

I apologize up front if this has been hashed out before. But does anyone make an Air Force seat for the A1-H Spad? I'm lucky enough to be getting one for my B Day and have someparts I'm buying from a friend here, and have the Zotz decals coming. But from what little I understand I'll need a new seat. I guess I should ask about refs. I have an In Detail and Scale coming, anything else that might be a must have? Thanks inn advance for your help.

James

One word.......Harold......Harv

I believe he is working on it now, but I'll let him chime in.....Harv

Yep, but it is kinda on the back of the bench at the moment. Some other things have gotten in the way. (I had to go back to work at my "real" job full time, until we hire two new people)

I will get back to it soon I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shooter...lemme know when the USAF seat is avaliable.....scored the USN boxing of the Spad...;)

Barnett

Hey Hoss, good to hear from you.

I have to finish up the rails and bottom belts for the Yankee seat. It is so hard to find time for the things I really want to do.

Doesn't the kit also come with the USAF seat (though no way it would be as good as Harold's)?

Tim W

It does have the Yankee seat in it. It is OK, but not up to the standards the rest of the kit has. Just my opinion, and we all know that is...LOL

Yeah..know all about finding time to do the things I really want to do...:(

I'll check back here to find out when they're good-to-go.....

Always good to hear from you...

Jim

Doesn't the kit also come with the USAF seat (though no way it would be as good as Harold's)?

Tim W

Yep, the Yankee seat is in the USN boxing. As Harold said, its not bad. I used the OOB USN offering in my pit, but the USN seat is a MUCH simpler seat and I think could be subbed in for 1 of Harold's beauties a bit easier.

Still, the OOB seat is not bad really IMHO.

Brian

The Z-M USN Skyraider can easily be built into a USAF/VNAF aircraft with what's in the box. There is a Yankee Extraction Seat provided and with the seat belts it builds up pretty good. During 1967 and 1968, 2 USN Squadrons were equipped with these bang seats. All of the USAF aircraft were USN aircraft and the most common visible differences were the solid wheels, pneumatic tail tire and additional comm gear/antennas. The last combat sorties of the USN aircraft were in 1968 and the USAF, VNAF flew them through the end of the war (1975) Cross referencing the BuNo's you will find that many of the aircraft served almost 20 years in the USN and were lost within 2-3 years when transfered to the USAF/VNAF.

Have fun on your build, it is a beautiful kit and Eli made some great looking decals. Before you load her up, wait till Z-M releases the USAF ordnance set.

Out here

There is a Yankee Extraction Seat provided and with the seat belts it builds up pretty good.

.........................most common visible differences were the solid wheels, pneumatic tail tire and additional comm gear/antennas.

True.

The Z-M USN Skyraider can easily be built into a USAF/VNAF aircraft with what's in the box.

Not exactly 100% true (unless I missed some stuff in my ZM Spad box).

No extra antennas, no pneumatic tail wheel, no USAF wingtip landing lights (located on the underside of each of the wingtips), no solid wheels, and no AF loadouts. All of this of course can be easily remedied with a bit of scratchbuilding, but none of it comes in the USN kit box that I have seen.

Brian

True.

Not exactly 100% true (unless I missed some stuff in my ZM Spad box).

No extra antennas, no pneumatic tail wheel, no USAF wingtip landing lights (located on the underside of each of the wingtips), no solid wheels, and no AF loadouts. All of this of course can be easily remedied with a bit of scratchbuilding, but none of it comes in the USN kit box that I have seen.

Brian

The pneumatic tail wheel is in the kit!

I also picked up the Z-M ordinance set that was released at the same time as the a/c.

Are you guys saying that those are Navy-specific load outs?

Just curious, as that level of detail is not my forte when it comes to the Cold War.

Thanks,

Tim W.