Big Beautiful Doll

Guest Peterpools

Really nice lookin so far Peter!

Im really looking forward to putting this kit together..........seems like its one of the best building kits round. Obviously one of the best looking as well!

Cheers,

Brian

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Joe ... appreciate; much appreciated and it felt good to log some time at the workbench this past weekend.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

BIG BEAUTIFUL DOLL

TAMYIA P-51D MUSTANG

PT 6 THE DROP TANKS

Ask what I thought was a simple question and Pandora’s Box opened wide once more. Thinking that all P-51D 75 Gal Drop Tanks were the same, had the same fuel lines and attachments, I began looking at a few photos, then more photos and then more photos, quickly realizing, there was no right answer. After soaking in all the answers to my posting and discussing the situation with Mark (dodgeme 37, who never lets me down with information and links (Thanks Buddy; much appreciated); I decided to revert back to Golden Rule #1. Since this build is supposed to be OOB, I decided to go the enhancing route, work from the best photos I had and go for the flavor. Of course, using the term flavor is near and dear to me, as I am a Weight Watcher's member for nearly 11 weeks now and have lost close to 37 pounds. So any word linked to food becomes a treat!

My enhancing method has seemed to produce semi busy drop tanks with all the fuel line attachments in place. May not be 100% accurate but for the OOB, a perfect solution. Once the tanks are mounted in position, the fuel lines will be added and it will be onto the priming stage.

Right now, I starting the pre-priming work on the fuselage and then it’s time to start priming.

Enjoy

Peter

PCW_1729.jpg

PCW_1728.jpg

PCW_1727.jpg

PCW_1726.jpg

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Joe

I like to call it enhancing, as it really helps bend the rules.

BTW, Weight Watchers so far has been both easy and fun and I feel a million percent better.

Thanks again

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Ron

Tanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Brian

Thanks ...

Super kit, Has to be your next super project.

MARU

Appreciate the compliments.

Peter