JU-88 G6 : Revell with AIMS Conversion

LSP_Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Very nice work Paul :goodjob:

This is my favourite version of the Ju 88 (I am very partial to all types of night fighters - the Luftwaffe is no exception). You did a superb job on that gun pod BTW, and that seat armour looks pretty funky as well! - in a sort of medieval suite of armour way (I'd be somewhat concerned if I were the rear seat occupant though...being 'additional living armour' would certainly not be in my job description!).

Cheers

Derek

Wow has it been since MARCH that I havent thought about this build? Oh Man it's gotta be time to shake the dust off of this one!

Derek, I found all the parts still in the boxs, a good layer of dust on everything that wasnt covered but nothing a little cleaning cant fix.

Maybe I'll try and see if I can get a little more work done on this ol' chesnut hmmm? I am waiting on replacement airbush parts to arrive and stil have no ETA, but I have plently to do until I can paint things...

Stay tuned!

Paul

I hope all is well........!!!!!!

But...... I am starting to have withdrawls here !!!!!!!

Almost finished with another 88 a-1, time to work more on the g-6.

Felt, All was well for a while then I got really busy with work etc..and kinda burned out. I'll be picking this one back up shortly though!

All the best,

Paul

<3

I hope all is well off in the world of REAL aircraft restoration world sir! The miniture stuff was starting to drive me nuts, but I think I feel a renewed energy to get back at this one, Thank you for looking in on my build. :thumbsup:

All the best,

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Nice looking build I like the version you are doing, I too am partial to night fighters when it comes to WWII aircraft, particularly the He-219, but that is another matter altogether. Looking forward to future updates.

Steve, thanks for looking in on my build, See, I waitied long enough and now we shall have TWO different HE 219's to chose from, I better get the fire lit back on this one so I can justify another night fighter huh?

All the best to you and your builds ,

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

Well after months of not doing much to this big ol beast, I figured I better get a move on and get it done! This is one of the more complex conversions / builds I have going at the moment and it's proved to be a lot of fun when I've put in the time on it.

Today, I started the preshading and overall RLM76 , I am just preshading the flaps in the pics, so they dont match yet.

The left horizontal stab has the RLM 75 gray violet splotches started and I'll be getting those on the rest of the plane tonight and tommorow. The next step is to apply the random mottled RLM 82 and 83 over the whole plane.

JU88G002.jpg

JU88G004.jpg

JU88G005.jpg

JU88G007.jpg

I havea few questions posted in LSP Discussion ablut this plane if anybody has any information to add your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for looking in on my build, Im glad to be back at this one!

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels

Paul, are those 75 splotches on the tail done freehand? If so, that's some stupendous airbrushing my friend! If not, how were they done?

Kev

Hi Kev,

Thank you for the compliment :) , yes they are freehand, it's all about the paint mix and air pressure. The airbrush's I've been waiting to come back from the shop finally arrived and were just tuned up. I had to have something fun to try them out on, well, the G-6 is just the ticket.

Glad you like the work, Im having a blast with it.

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

I very much respect your resumption of this build. I know how hard it can be to resume a build after a hiatus, but I seem to get an extra feeling of accomplishment upon completion of an interrupted build. I hope it's the same for you, and your build is truly inspirational.

Sincerely,

Tom

I very much respect your resumption of this build. I know how hard it can be to resume a build after a hiatus, but I seem to get an extra feeling of accomplishment upon completion of an interrupted build. I hope it's the same for you, and your build is truly inspirational.

Sincerely,

Tom

Tom,

First, thank you for the kind words, and looking in on my build. The positive motivation really helps! I'm always happy to see that somebody else appreciates my efforts at this fine hobby of ours.

I have quite a few projects that got put on the back burner for one reason or another, this was one that just got to be more complicated then I wanted to try and "rush" to finish at the time. I also find that comming back to a project like this with a fresh perspective can make all the difference in what it finally becomes. I'll be posting new pics here in a moment when they finish uploading. What you will see is the last 4 hours or so of work. I finished the splotch's of RLM 75 gray, then lightly overprayed with very diluted RLM 76 to blend it all in. It's hard to photograph this big ol model all at once, and the one place I have to do it does'nt have very good light, so I had to bounce a flash, They aren't the best pics in the world, but you'll get the idea.

Paul

How the heck did I miss this ???? Paul, just great painting dude ! Looks awesome. I'm with Derek, love night fighters............Harv

Harv, I have no idea how you missed the first posts, but thank you for looking in on my build and for the compliment!

I'll be posting pics in a minute here showing what's progressed since you saw it earlier this evening.

Paul

Well, I could'nt just put the airbrush down tonight, I was having way to much fun, it's always nice when you get a new toy, or in my case an old toy thats been super tuned to play with.

So this aircraft will ultimately be getting a pretty heavy over spary/ mottle/blotch pattern of RLM 81/82 and it's going to really change from these pics when I get back at it. I just wanted to show what the aircraft might have looked like in her RLM 75/76 pattern before it was camo'd for day time concealment . I'm using Model Master enamels, shot though a PEAK C-5 airbrush, paints are thinned 70/30 and sprayed at 15-20 lbs.

JU88G005-1.jpg

JU88G003.jpg

JU88G008-1.jpg

JU88G007-1.jpg

JU88G001.jpg

Thanks for looking in on my build, and I look forward to showing you the final paint job when I get finished spraying tommorow. :thumbsup:

I posed a few questions in the LSP discussion page that has some artist interpetations and one Black and White of the actual aircraft, Im hoping somebody may be able to help.

All the best,

Paul

Edited by av8shunmodels