Who wants a 32 scale Saab J-29 Tunan?

tigger

O.K guys here are the first pictures of the masters. They have been carved in balsa and the first test shots have been pulled. We then reverse engineer the vac parts to fill them with a heat resistant resin to withstand the tremendous heat produced in the heating of the plastic. Therefore we still have some considerable work to do. Suffice to say that I will keep you all informed of progress. These masters were made from the recent plans in Scale Aviation Modeller. as Drawn by Richard J Caruana. Some modifications will, be made so the shapes you see may not be final. Now for the important part. As with any project we are trying to keep the cost down as to make it a viable kit to buy, We are currently working on the principle of trying to keep it under £20 U.K. however It might be close. There will be three sheets of vac formed white plastic and a small clear sheet too, I have someone investigating the possibility of decals and this will be announced later. Bear in mind that these are vac formed over a male mold and as such are basic shapes only, detail will need to be scribed by the modeller. Possible detail sets will follow if we can get the info. The next item we are going to do is "£$%^&*()!?>@:~}{ Do you really think I was going to tell you all? :( :D

This will be produced as a limited run of 32 but if there is enough demand we will re-engineer the patterns into the later dogtoothed larger engine version. Saab j-29 E & F

This is really going to happen its just a matter of time.

post-2-1100200671.jpg

O.K guys here are the first pictures of the masters. They have been carved in balsa and the first test shots have been pulled. We then reverse engineer the vac parts to fill them with a heat resistant resin to withstand the tremendous heat produced in the heating of the plastic. Therefore we still have some considerable work to do. Suffice to say that I will keep you all informed of progress. These masters were made from the recent plans in Scale Aviation Modeller. as Drawn by Richard J Caruana. Some modifications will, be made so the shapes you see may not be final. Now for the important part. As with any project we are trying to keep the cost down as to make it a viable kit to buy, We are currently working on the principle of trying to keep it under £20 U.K. however It might be close. There will be three sheets of vac formed white plastic and a small clear sheet too, I have someone investigating the possibility of decals and this will be announced later. Bear in mind that these are vac formed over a male mold and as such are basic shapes only, detail will need to be scribed by the modeller. Possible detail sets will follow if we can get the info. The next item we are going to do is "£$%^&*()!?>@:~}{ Do you really think I was going to tell you all? :( :D

This will be produced as a limited run of 32 but if there is enough demand we will re-engineer the patterns into the later dogtoothed larger engine version. Saab j-29 E & F

This is really going to happen its just a matter of time.

John

post-2-1100200775_thumb.jpg

The basic shape looks good John - I have got quite a bit of info on the J-29, so I can help you if you need any additional info' (I haven't seen Richard J Caruana's plans for the J-29, but I would like to). I look forward to seeing the finished item.

Cheers

Derek