ROG vs REVELLUSA (PRO-MODELER) He.III P

Mike

The Pro Modeler will have decals for the swastikas as the RoG does not.

Not only that but the Pro-modeller kits often have other goodies. I like them.

This bit is actually an important marketing move as it really makes the OOB kit more complete/accurate. I'm actually suprised that Monogram haven't attempted to re-box the Ju-88.

Not only that but the Pro-modeller kits often have other goodies. I like them.

This bit is actually an important marketing move as it really makes the OOB kit more complete/accurate. I'm actually suprised that Monogram haven't attempted to re-box the Ju-88.

I don't know how accurate this is but they say Fall 2011.

http://downloads.hobbico.com/misc/rmx/2011_FallNR_Brch_lo.pdf

in the 2011 Revell / Monogram catalog the Pro modeler 1/32 He-111P is kit number 85-5628

Glen :piliot:

Hence the RMX5628 part number on the GMW pre-order...they obviously didn't have box art

for it so 'made one up'...they do that all the time

The kit and the Pro-Modeller box art were on display at the IPMS NATs in Omaha. According to the Revell Rep the kits are the same but the ProModeller version will have different decals and will be cheaper. Revell USA believes that the market is driven by price. It is apparently cheaper to import the kit from China, with US decals and a US box than to import the boxed kits from Germany. Revell USA is not allowed by agreement to alter the kit in any way and feels that even adding a PE sheet would have too much impact on their targeted price point.

The kit and the Pro-Modeller box art were on display at the IPMS NATs in Omaha. According to the Revell Rep the kits are the same but the ProModeller version will have different decals and will be cheaper. Revell USA believes that the market is driven by price. It is apparently cheaper to import the kit from China, with US decals and a US box than to import the boxed kits from Germany. Revell USA is not allowed by agreement to alter the kit in any way and feels that even adding a PE sheet would have too much impact on their targeted price point.

Well I guess that's that!

Thanks for the info.

Not a slam, but they seem viewed in same way as Airfix over here, only with even less grip on reality!

Sorry Nick I don't think that it is possible. Most of that old Airfix stuff that they keep reboxing and reissuing is complete and utter crap (especially 1/72). I bought some of these for the mobile I made for my son, and they had mis-matched fuselage halves, tons of flash and if I was trying to build a decent model of them, they would have ended up in the bin! At least the old Monogram kits fit very well and had pretty accurate shapes!

Now if I misunderstood and you meant that the folks there viewed Airfix the same way and those people viewing Airfix that way have even less grip on reality, then I retract the above and agree with you 100% :)

Cheers,

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
According to the Revell Rep the kits are the same but the ProModeller version will have different decals and will be cheaper. Revell USA believes that the market is driven by price.

Wow ! Great Thread Thanks ! I am sorry you folks across the pond didnt understand the question at first. I had an idea someone here would have the answer.

I should have waited then ! I have to wait for the PE sets to trickle out anyways I should have waited. There IS no reason to pay more for the Kit than necessary. Often New Reeelase Prices are the High and sometime reduce after a year or two. Although obviously it is an inside agreement to force RevellUSA to wait a period of time before releasing a less expensive re-box. Like a Movie in the theatre and the time before it is allowed to be marketed for DVD Sale.

I figured it was the same only figured I ought to be sure. A similar phenon happened with a few of the early Trumpter WWII releases like the Lighting and P40. Academy/HobbCraft of Canada released their own reoboxing of these kits which again were much cheaper than the Trumpter 100 plus prices.

WIth so many knock offs plaugeing the world wide market at large I figure it would pay to ask. I wish I had waited. I would have saved some to apply to the Aftermarket PE.

Of Course as soon as ED is finished with thier He-111 releases and the "BIG-ED" for the kit CMK with release a Full Resin Interior for the Kit ! Just my luck.

I expect some great builds will come out of this just as with the JU88. I hope Martin is suscessfull in bringing His B25 from WINGSXL to market. Guess I'll Quit when the 32nd B17 gets released.

IF RevellUSA Reeeeeeeeeallly wanted to get back out in front of the Market, They might take a trip to Sweeden and have a vist with Martin ?

Anywasy thanks for the info ! Next time I am going to watch out for this stuff and not get caught by the fake out higher prices for the "GOTS to HAVE it NOW Crowd" of whcih I garentee I am full card carrying member but slowly tyringt o ween myself ?

Yours Mike

When I talked with the Revell guys at the IPMS Nationals about the difference I was told that the deacl sheet was the only difference between the kits. Apparently the Pro Modeler will have a different decal sheet than the standard Revell kit. I would think that if you were going to have a standard and a Pro Modeler (which costs more) that there would be more differences than the decal sheet but thats how they are going.