JU 88 A-1

Mik0

Thanks guys :)

@ Nmayhew: I've been looking for some info about it the whole day now, but with no results :unsure:

As far as I have checked the BoB losses of the 51st KG it was not included, so it might have survive.

Wondering, if in THIS book might be some info about it.

Anybody out there, who's got that book plese? :help:

the reason i ask is that for decal manufacturers to pick a particular plane, it means it is photographed or documented somewhere - usually the former is the reason they pick a subject...i am always interested in exactly what i am modelling rather than a cool scheme (hey, it's a Ju88, so it is always gonna be cool! coolio.gif )

anyway, perhaps this could be your bird - if not it's pretty close

1-Ju-88A1-7.KG51-(9K+)-during-Battle-of-Britain-France-1940-01.jpg

good luck with it all!

nick

Yeye, I see where you're pointing Nick. It's always nice to build a bird with background info.

Well I saw the pic on Wiki, but it's not the one I'am looking for. But thx for taking a look ;)

One general question guys. Were all the JU 88 A-1 equiped with the dive brakes? On the picture below the 9K+AB is missing it.

This is actualy a bird of the I./KG 51 Guppenkommandeur Kurt von Greiff he flew during the closing stages of the daylight BoB. I decided to make after almost a weak of research. I just like the 51sk KG :)

Miko

bobad.jpg

So here's what I've done last week or two:

dscn0287v.jpg

dscn0291q.jpg

dscn0295ph.jpg

dscn0315.jpg

dscn0307w.jpg

dscn0308j.jpg

Why you guys did not worn me, that I'll need this to paint this bird?

valcek-vestan-228.jpg

So now I just can finsh the preshadowing and hope that revell will finally do something about my claim about bad molded cler parts, else I can't continue here :(

On the second hand 109 E-4 from Dragon and revells Bf 110 are waiting to join my BoB collection, so let's see :)

Laters guys

Edited by Mik0

Thanks Javlin :)

There's still a lot to improve, but for the 1st try I'am quite happy about the result and most of all it's fun to find out how all the techniques you guys are presenting here are working. ;)

• 2 months later...

dang..missed this..and just lovely..any progress ? kinda dropped out of the modeling for a while but still very pleasant to see people inspired by the Ju 88 thread :) this looks like its going to be another showstopper ( can never be anough 88`s )

:)

i started a new He 111 and guess what..ended up doing anothet 88 while i am at it..

my first try with eduards in the cockpit..took a while but..oh well :)

but cant beat this work. Gracefully done so far

Hello Guttorm,

Thanks for stopping by!

Yes you're right there is never enought 88's :) and please don't tell me about the He 111.

I want that one too, but you need an hangar for it, so it's at very end of my BoB collection list.

How's your progress so far?

Well I did not post for a longer time, as I had some issues with Revell sending me the badly molded clear parts and than I thought, that there is not much interest in this topic.

Besicaly the kit is 95% done, but yesterday I faced an issue with AirDoc decals coming apart just in my hands. So I decided to do my own decal for the tail's 9K+AB.

Than I need to finish the exhouts, do some steams, some nice metal attrition, dusting on the weels and it's done ;)

As I told before already, it's not the best one here, but as for my second kit I'am happy with it and I <3 IT :)

Here one just for you :)

p9030007w.jpg

Cheers,

Miko

So here's what I've done last week or two:

dscn0315.jpg

MikO,

please have a look at the picture in Nick´s posting on top of page 2. As one can see in this picture there is only one clear window in the gondola´s front: the one needed for the bomb sight. So, maybe this second window behind the first one has been painted over and should be done so for your kit?!?

So now I just can finsh the preshadowing and hope that revell will finally do something about my claim about bad molded cler parts, else I can't continue here :(

Revell is maybe the finest company not only in regards to have damaged parts replaced. So I wonder why you should have any "issues" with them? Can you tell me more? Just curious (and trying to help)...

Thomas

p9030007w.jpg

:clap2:

Even if it is not 100% done in this picture it already looks very good! My congrats, MikO!

Never heard of AirDoc decals disintegrate in the water, but some things simply happen... Did you write to AirDoc about this?

Do you have MicroScale´s Liquid Decal Film? Brush this over the entire decal sheet. Let dry, then cut out each decal and apply as usual. Fine stuff!

And now, how about some more pictures of this promising build? I´d love to see more of it, and I guess I am not the only one!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the remark on the window! I will have a look at it ;)

As for Revell I wrote 3 customer claims till they answered me.

Than they needed longer as it was vacation time and than it took about 3 weeks till I got the parts.

So almost two months till I got them.. Maybe just bad luck, but still...

For the decals it's maybe I'am still new to modeling a just need to get some skill in it.

Thanks for the tip with MicroScale, will try it for sure!

Well for more pictures you'll need to wait a bit I guess as my cam got damaged during vacation.

Cheers,

Miko

Edited by Mik0

now that is a nice Ju88 :) really great work :) hope the decal problems will sort out ( and i guess you just had some bad luck with Revell as i agree that they are really good at replace parts )

Nice to see a Edelweiss 88 and i think you have done a fantastic work with this baby :) :party0023:

get some mopre pics posted when possible ( i kinda dropped out of the modeling for a little while.. but that is something that comes and goes as time permits )

doing some work in my 88 cockpit with Eduards..small stuff and chaky hands.. i have no idea how you guys do it.. :blowup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am interested to see that you have used what appears to be RLM66 for the 'office' whereas I would have thought that a 1940 88A would have had RLM02. I have one of these that I am looking forward to starting and would be grateful if anyone could confirm the right colour.