Trumpeter Skyhawk tweaks

thierry laurent

H,

Please let us know when ready to send payment.

Thanks for doing them.

The Charlie conver. should arrive soon to your home.

Thanks Eli.

I will be sending a few sets to Gordon today. I am doing some seats separately as well.

Cheers,

Harold

I noticed this morning, Spue Bro. has Harolds A-4 set listed. Man. I would like to get a set. But with the move and all, cant even get a bottle of paint! Just a heads up guys! Go get them!!............Harv :speak_cool:

Damn it!

I ordered the fuel tank ends less than two days ago to come back and realize that the update set is ALREADY sold out!!!

I am making more over the weekend and will send them on Tuesday.

Thanks Harold! I'll have to react quickly!

I discovered in Jim Winchester book a point I omitted: besides the dedicated side instrument panel with the control stick, the airframes using the Walleye got a Sony b&w monitor in place of the radar scope. This explains why the use was limited to specific planes (such as the Rampant raiders ones).

BTW, even if I've yet to find pictures clearly showing them with the warload, I also discovered that some VA-164 skyhawks were modified to use laser guided bombs at the end of the Vietnam war. They got a Laser Spot Tracker in the nose end and a Ferranti gun sight showing the spot where the laser energy was directed. Accordingly, they worked in combination with two ex-marine TA-4F intended to designate the target (this was manually done by the RIO).

Here's one picture: http://a4skyhawk.org/content/155066-va-164-official-us-navy-photo-5038

This is a great thread guys.

Harold, I can see what you mean about the intake exterior contour, it is very close to a "C" shape wise.

I have spotted just how off they are (after inserting the new trunking and getting it all nicely blended in!!!), they need to be flatter across the lower edge and have a more pronounced curve across the top.

I am determined to finish these ones off now, I don't like to be beaten and have seen it as a challenge!!!!

My hats off to you for getting them done so quickly as the curves are quite subtle and only noticeable from certain angles.

I will still get your set for the "F" when it is available.

Cheers

Anthony

This is a great thread guys.

Harold, I can see what you mean about the intake exterior contour, it is very close to a "C" shape wise.

I have spotted just how off they are (after inserting the new trunking and getting it all nicely blended in!!!), they need to be flatter across the lower edge and have a more pronounced curve across the top.

I am determined to finish these ones off now, I don't like to be beaten and have seen it as a challenge!!!!

My hats off to you for getting them done so quickly as the curves are quite subtle and only noticeable from certain angles.

I will still get your set for the "F" when it is available.

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Anthony.