JU 88c 6

simmo

Hi all, I am about to start work on Revells Ju 88< but before I realy get going I was looking for some pics of the c6 dayfighter. I have seen one pic of a c6 with a cockpit window gun (thought that was only a c4 thing) but have not been able to find any other referance to it. I have got hold of L`arsenal A 4 conversion (what an ace bit of molding)but before I end up making a bomber I would like to find a dayfigher. I dont fancy doing the cockpit glass cutting to fill in the gun slot on the canopy and the C 6 with the gun fitted would help me out if only I could find further pics. Can anybody help?

thanks.

Hi Simmo,

I'm also interested in a C6 zerstorer. Considering that AIMS, CMK and l'Arsenal have already produced a lot of 88 variants, I'm sure the conversion should be released soon. Otherwise, you just have to purchase the nightfighter nose to compliment what you already own and it should not be too difficult to produce a C6.

Thierry

Thanks for the replys. The G converson looks good but its a C-6 for me, just that canopy gun thing thats giving me a problem! I will keep on looking to see if i can find the C-6 with the windscreen gun fitted.

i dont think you will find a C-6 with a gun through the windshield. i have reserched the topic somewhat for my build and came to the conclusion that it was remove from all zerstörer versions because the gun cant be fired with the noseguns/ammoboxes in place

Hi, thanks for the pics,. A while back is was reading a JU 88 book (can’t remember which one ) and it had a pic of what appeared to be a C6 with a windshield gun. I could be wrong, but it was in day fighter colours and was according to the caption a Med based machine. I just wish I had made a note of it at the time!!!! oh well, thanks for the help. will give it one more trawl through and if it dont appear it will be a bomber!!!