New from Zactoman: AIM-9D/G/H, L/M

Barry

If you have not seen then you need to check out the new AIM-9s coming our way from Chris.

The masters are the work of Alexander Rogal and his work is nothing short of pure "Art".

He is doing both the AIM-9D/G/H which was the main stay of the USN starting in Vietnam and the later L/M version.

I have each headed my way and hopefully will have them in the next couple of days.

I will post some 1st hand as delivered shots and render MHO.

They look simply awesome in the site photos and you can see more on ARC. Search: Alexander Rogal

Barry

http://www.zactomodels.com/

Hi Barry,

I second that. I have the AIM-9 and it is superb. The detail is beyond description. Every little item has been dilligently reproduced even down to the arming handle. Zactoman also includes the missile umbilicals so they are accurate even on a trolley.

I doubt you'll ever come across thinner fins on any offering. Perfectly shaped including the bevel along the centreline of each fin.

If you build modern (or not so modern) jets, these are a beautiful addition.

In addition, I can add that the Zactomodels russian missiles/pylons , also mastered by Alexander, are equally magnificent.

Alexander uses the member name "Eastern" on ARC.

Here's a link to the in progress thread

:evil_laugh:

Received mine today and they are every bit as nice "in person" as in the web photos. :lol:

The foreplanes are amazingly thin and the rollerons are extremely well detailed. :thumbsup:

Barry

Missile main body: detail is very nice over all.

Mounting lugs will actually aid mounting to launch rail.

There is a little warpage that is correctable.

post-4217-1281098316.jpg

Comparative shot to Cutting Edge main body and scale ruler.

Missile motor nozzle is a separate casting on the Zactoman as opposed to CE.

post-4217-1281098758.jpg

Good show Barry! :unsure:

This is why its nice here, besides the nice people. The knowledge and for-site by people to take pics and post their findings of these types of things that some people may not have even known existed...Just a SH#T TON of possible uses for these and the others from ZM.....

Cheers,

Brian