HASEGAWA P-51 D

Chris/Germany

Hey Rato......NO ALCOHOL while modelling! ;)

No secrets about this, think I should have posted a statement in the "how much time "thread....I´m trying to do at least 2 hours of modelling each day, mostly late in the evening, and a few hours more at weekends ( when I´m not on tour or in the studio) That´s enough to do a bit of work and get a good workflow. Also normally a new bird is started while the last one is in the spray booth, and again here´s the effect I stated in a thread before: if you doing two or more birds of one type, for example a Stang, the progress of the seconds one and the third one goes much faster ´cause with every build you find some new tricks to make work easier and at least I chose the Hase-Stangs ´cause this is a good kit ( compared to the last MATCHBOX builds) with a good fit, that saves a lot of time. Anyway,

cheers ( in the meaning of germans "prost)

Chris

don´t know why I do it again and again but......I love checkerboards! :(

The second one just returned from the spray-booth, the marathon-build wents on very good so far so I decided to do the third one as BBD ( Big beautiful Doll), if progress goes on like the last two weeks without any accident I´m sure I´ll finish them right in time for our clubs expo at the end of November for a combined "Thunderbolts +Stangs" display. Knock on wood for that, here´s a short shot of the first two in "rough" finish, I´m still waiting for some BareMetalFoil sheets from my dealer to do some panels with foil for a better look.

enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

post-4-1096223856.jpg

Nr 1 is decaled...as usual ( why do I always do "non standard birds" ?) some decals - Squadron code, nose art / name -is selfmade and because self-printed decals always have a little "throughshining" effect i had to correct them by hand. The black of the letters is no problem, but this f....in yellow outline :angry:

Hey Rato, forget what I said ´bout no alcohol while modelling, one or two JD´s is a must here to get the right hand :lol:

cheers ( with another JackDaniels in my hand)

Chris

post-4-1096578875.jpg

Chris, glad to see your usual excellent work;but I see a subtle improvement in the foil work. Damn nice!! when you enjoy JD for a few years, you get to know "him" well enough to call him "John"! :) cheers from Calif

• 2 weeks later...