F-5 intakes

P Stoner

Any threds or pictures of those who have tackled intakes and exhaust for the F-5E? Any resin stuff out there besides Verlinden's? Great little jet, some times over looked! Are there any builds posted anywhere? Thanks all!

I agree, sweet little hot-rod! ;) I'm going to be hacking up an 'E' and back-dating it into an 'A' for a Norwegian build over in the Stalled GB. Just got some plans enlarged of both versions to see what-alls involved. Will mainly involve re-doing the mid fuse section (spine/intakes/ slight shortening) and whittling the wing LEX down a bit. Looks like it's going to be a lotta fun! :notworking:

Drop in and check it out when ya can, eh?! later, Russ

I agree, sweet little hot-rod! :speak_cool: I'm going to be hacking up an 'E' and back-dating it into an 'A' for a Norwegian build over in the Stalled GB. Just got some plans enlarged of both versions to see what-alls involved. Will mainly involve re-doing the mid fuse section (spine/intakes/ slight shortening) and whittling the wing LEX down a bit. Looks like it's going to be a lotta fun! :blush:

Drop in and check it out when ya can, eh?! later, Russ

That sounds like a cool project, Giving the "lil" guy some much needed attention! I'm doing the Norm! F-5E agressor, VFC-111. I'd really like to do up some good intakes and exhaust, but covers will do the trick if not! Other than rescribing most panels, this is a very easy and good kit to build, could use some help from you guys at Aires! Exhaust and wheel wells would be cool! Verlindens set looks pretty good, look foward to building this!

Hi Guys,

I agree with you that the F-5 is a very compact, sporty combat jet.

I want to do an F-5A as well Russ only I will do a VNAF 'Tiger'.

Belcher Bits used to do a F-5A Conversion set off the Hasegawa F-5E.

I picked one up several years ago. It is typical of earlier resin conversions but will do just fine.

I do not see it offered on their current web page.

I'm hoping Harold will do an early seat and cockpit set. He has a "thing" for the F-5 as well!

Barry

Hi Guys,

I agree with you that the F-5 is a very compact, sporty combat jet.

I want to do an F-5A as well Russ only I will do a VNAF 'Tiger'.

Belcher Bits used to do a F-5A Conversion set off the Hasegawa F-5E.

I picked one up several years ago. It is typical of earlier resin conversions but will do just fine.

I do not see it offered on their current web page.

I'm hoping Harold will do an early seat and cockpit set. He has a "thing" for the F-5 as well!

Barry

Yeppers..I have some work done on the F-5E 'pit, but no where near finished..

Go here and scroll back a few pages to see what I have done so far.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p44/hairoldcut/

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately, you're on your own here...

AKAIK, the aftermarket releases for the F-5E have been very limited ...

Nothing exists to improve the intakes/exhausts or the too shallow MLG wells...

The Verlinden cockpit set has also some parts for the gun bay. However, the Black box pit was better. If I remember correctly, the flat nose and enlarged LERX missing in the earlier releases have also been released in resin. Last but not least, I don't think that Eduard ever released a photoeched set for that airplane!

Situation is a little bit better regarding decals but it is nowhere in comparison with all the possible schemes... For instance, nobody ever released Vietnamese decals...

Too bas as this is a terrific little plane!

Any threds or pictures of those who have tackled intakes and exhaust for the F-5E? Any resin stuff out there besides Verlinden's? Great little jet, some times over looked! Are there any builds posted anywhere? Thanks all!

I haven't seen any intakes for the F-5. To be honest it's pretty hard to see in there unless you are really dedicated.....

Here's a link to my build here at LSP

Jeff