What ETC rack for the Revell Ju 88 ?

mhorina

Did the A-1 use these racks?

Maybe only introduced with the A-4, 5 etc....?

I'm not sure myself but it is a possibility. I do however predict that someone is going to release some along with a ton and a half of other stuff for this kit!!

Matt

Who is JR? Jerry Rutman?

Jerry makes an ETC 500/1XB for the JU-87. The Ju-88A1 used a ETC 500 /IX d that is different. The Ju-88 rack is considerably longer and narrower

Perhaps GF can comment

Yes DDavis, Jerry Rutman is who I meant .. Thanks for the information. And yes hopefully GF will comment or maybe even have a photo.

Mike Horina

Did the A-1 use these racks?

Maybe only introduced with the A-4, 5 etc....?

I'm not sure myself but it is a possibility. I do however predict that someone is going to release some along with a ton and a half of other stuff for this kit!!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Yes 4 racks 2 under each wing used at "Scapa Flow" "In the third week of the war four Ju 88A-1s attacked British warships at Scapa Flow, but they caused no damage."

Mike Horina

JR, I hope so. I have nut thing.

Mike Horina

Jerry

I just sent you an e-mail offering you the plans. The ones I have are 1/48 scale so tomorrow I will get them scaled and sent to you. Perhaps some one else has something more readily available. Note that the racks on the A1 are longer then those on later marks

Del Davis

Hi you guys. our 88 had the racks and the modellmaker from Revell even made the measurements of the originals, but due to tiem and cost i think they were left out.. not sure why but.. and its really a importent part on the A1

I will include some pictures of the originals

GF

post-5311-1229885129.jpg