Hasegawa Fw 190A-8

Haggis

I'm a numpty sometimes, thanks to all who pointed out that I managed to install the stick in backwards.

Scott, I used MDC decals for the instruments.

This isn't a great photo but you can see the stick in the correct orientation, phew!

P1040666Cockpit3email.jpg

The airframe is complete so it's onto the painting. I did use a little filler (Milliput) to eliminate the join on the gun access panel. You can see Jerry's Eagle Editions gun cowl but it seems I have parts for a -5 in the box not a -8 which is disappointing to say the least. I went ahead and used the incorrect gun troughs as I had no choice but maybe sometime in it's career it had this fitted? Yeah, dodgy but I've got no choice other than to remove Jezza's cowl and do a -5. Not something I want to do!

Airframe2P1040684mail.jpg

She's all painted. I used Gunze lacquers for the first time, boy do the stink but they go on soooo smoothly.

All the markings are masks by either Montex or Eduard. I think they look much better than decals, talking of which, looking at the photo I can't see any stenciling apart from the Wrk Nmr on the tail. Odd?

markings1P1040717email.jpg

Here's an overall shot with all the masks removed, a bit more colourful than the usual 74, 75, 76!. Tomorrow she'll be decaled and then I'll do the fiddly bits. I'll save the weathering till the end, can't wait!

Painting8P1040721email.jpg

Wow! That looks great. 81 and 82 definitely come out more vibrant than 74/75. The rivets look great. A lot of pictures I have seen of late war 190's seem to be lacking stencils. Mainly just identification for fuel type and quantity or glycol.

The masks look great too. Really nice work.

Matt