Dragon Bf110C-7 build

Astro32

Great work so far. Seems like a beautiful kit with excellent detail. However you could apply a wash to some areas and maybe some drybrushing. The radio rack would really jump out if you gave it a black wash and a light drybrush with very light grey or silver. Just a suggestion mind you, your work is excellent and if you are the kind of guy who likes it all neat, then just ignore what I said, there is nothing more to add.

Great work so far. Seems like a beautiful kit with excellent detail. However you could apply a wash to some areas and maybe some drybrushing. The radio rack would really jump out if you gave it a black wash and a light drybrush with very light grey or silver. Just a suggestion mind you, your work is excellent and if you are the kind of guy who likes it all neat, then just ignore what I said, there is nothing more to add.

Thanks! And I never ignore suggestions! I'd just get too full of myself if I did! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I'll be applying a wash and some highlighting here and there to pop the details a bit. Over the holiday I bought all of Tamiya's clear colors, the older formula in the large jars. I thin down Smoke with alcohol for a subtle wash, and I use Rub & Buff for highlighting, or Prismacolor Silver pencils, whichever is more appropriate for the effect I desire.

Hopefully this week I'll be getting more done! :lol:

Hey Astor,

make itself for you, no stress builds with joy.

Mix wash to this take a tamiya away 10% dully talk Brown Black 20% dully and 70% land on water,

alcohol dries too fast and forms edges.

You still dry the shade after that prefer once a little more thinly make the mixture at the same time if you can repeat the process seem once again.

Cheers

Pitbiker

alcohol dries too fast and forms edges.

Thanks for the tip! That edge I've found happens once in a while. I'll try water next time. I tried the Vallejo paints once, but they're difficult to get out here, short of ordering online. However the LHS closed one year ago, so that is on the table now!

Another good "wash" is to spray on a gloss coat, then work in artist's water colours (I use Grumbacher's in the small tubes). Remove the excess with a fingertip or a q-tip, or a flat brush. Clear flat over top once dry. That works good too!

Watercolors- Interesting concept.

I use oil paints thinned with Zippo lighter fluid over an Acrylic clear. Dries in a few minutes, and I can use a fluid soaked brush to feather the shading out nicely-

I will have to try the watercolors- I love your work on the 110- Wish I could afford one right now- :angry:

Looking forward to more-

THOR ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally feeling well enough to build today!

In an inspired moment, I decided to tackle the main gear legs. I added the brake system's hardlines that run down each leg. In this case I used .05mm brass rod. The flex lines I'll be doing in .040 solder. I made band clamps from thin strips of aluminum duct tape, reinforced with thin CA once I was happy with the job. I added the inner hubs at this point, instead of attaching them to the tires, because there's a fairly complex network of hydraulic piping, probably to supply a balanced pressure to each actuating cylinder inside the hub. I'll be tackling that next.

post-1317-1229203141.jpg

Here's a shot of the crew compartment, before I add in the spare ammunition drums for the fixed and flexible weapons, and seats. The wiring running under the radio equipment panel is 32 guage steel wire, primed and painted yellow. Some photos & Mfr's drawings show this, and I thought it would look good. I must say I'm continuing to really enjoy this build!

post-1317-1229286152.jpg

Thanks all for the encouragement! I'm pretty much done for the day as I'm wiped out!

My one regret with this build is that I think I've put too much effort into the crew compartment. Once all together most of what I've done won't be visible! But it'll be nice to know it's there. And I can refresh my memory once in a while with a flashlight! :lol: