academy F-18A+ conversion

blackbetty

thanx derek for the nice words

Very nice work. The flag on the airbrake's a bit curious, as it's right to left-if you know what I mean-as opposed to left to right which would seem more natural. Some nice wide pics would be great when she's finished, cheers!

uhh- ohh :ph34r: :) :(

i hectically pulled out my reference.....could it be that....???

i remeber the decal beeing assymetrical, so no way to put it on backwards, or is there?

sigh of relief: the photo of the real thing shows it the same way :lol:

but i appreciate you taking a good hard look kagemusha, you didnt just scroll past it

thanx habu

very good pic jack. do you have a timeframe when it was taken?

i now know the plane has the three (per side) tailstiffeners, didnt have evidence of this before (maybe all As have these?)

and i would have been better off to use the walkway decals that came with the kit, they have the grey lines on them, also my walkways are too wide

-sigh- part 392 of the search for the perfect model

very good pic jack. do you have a timeframe when it was taken?

I'm sorry, i don't know, but i got the picture from the ARC site a couple of years ago, but it's in the "funny picture file" right now.

J ;)

thanx john

i allready made a list of things to do before she is complete, this is a sure sign of light at the end of the tunnel

the problem is to keep going on the last little pieces allthough it looks finished allredy. have to scratchbuild some parts i lost from the front gearleg and one of the broken off pitot tubes :)

hope to get the missiles done over the weekend too

• 2 weeks later...

this now is the end result with strips of siver painted tape to mirror the hoseclamps that hold on the real thing

paint and decals added, still not really happy, but i´m going to stop now or this bird never gets finished :lol:

maybe some aftermarket bomb if one ever gets availible

post-2020-1228807855.jpg